“Great Indian place!”
Review of Rimjhim Indian

Rimjhim Indian
Ranked #29 of 208 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My friends and I (uni students) wanted to try the Indian food in Winchester and we were a little apprehensive at first--you never know what you're going to get with Indian food! We ordered take out, and it was ready by the time we walked from the uni to Rimjhim--about twenty-five minutes. Only 30 pounds for three of us to stuff ourselves on nan, sweet modu murg (a delicious, not-at-all spicy curry for those who aren't fond of too much heat), a chicken tikka starter, and chicken korma. Everything was delicious, no complaints! Just note that the curries DO NOT come with rice, so make sure you order that or nan if that's what you're looking for.

We did take out, but it wasn't at all busy (Tuesday night) and we were very impressed by the way it looked inside--far more upscale than we were expecting! We're definitely coming back to eat in at some point, and to take out many, many more times in the future!

There are newer reviews for Rimjhim Indian

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Tonight was the second time in as many months that I've eaten at RimJhim in Winchester. The experience has been consistent so far.

I find the food to be exceptional. Clearly great care has gone into the ingredients, cooking and presentation. I started with the Dill Salmon which was exceptional. Full of indian flavour, before moving on to a tasty lamb Tawa Massala. The lamb was moist and tender, I couldn't expect more.

Value was, it was expensive but worth it for the food. £30 per head with one bottle of beer and a soft drink or two. But you will really enjoy the food and the atmosphere, if a little noisy, too.

Unfortunately the great experience doesn't extend to the service. With the exception of a polite and thoughtful Canadian drinks waitress, I counted a other five different servers attend our table. All of which failed to ask us for drinks or coffees and deserts. So, we bought far less drinks than we were prepared to and didn't have coffee or dessert.

Some staff training and organisation by the manager could help them make more money and improve the experience to match the fantastic food. Gaps between courses were long too, but the food quality accounted fr that.

1  Thank Bikedibley
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been to Rimjhims about 8 times now and love it. I have been as part of a group (about 20) and also as a couple with my husband for our wedding anniversary and the service is just as good. All the food was brought out together and the waiters are very helpful without being over the top. The food is awesome, Me and my Husband had the poppadoms and accompaniments for starters, then shared the Lamb Rogn Josh and The Chicken Korma, with pilau rice and Naan there is an explosion of flavors to the palate at different times and you can really taste the individual spices, the way Indian food should be!! Lovely, fresh, fragrant and a lovely atmosphere, I would recommend to anyone who would like a special meal out to go there.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Must have been over 50 times! Each time I give them the basic ingredients I want, the heat strength and then say "Surprise me!" Great food. My partner is very fussy on her food choices! We worked with the chefs and now they cook her the perfect lamb curry every time! Worth asking for a Clare's Lamb Curry!

Don't go anywhere else! The staff are wonderful, helpful and very tolerant - especially given some of the inebriated folk I've brought in over the years!

You won't be disappointed!

David M

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We used to really like the food from here. It was fresh, spicy and full of flavour.

Unfortunately the last two times we've ordered takeaway the quality of the food has been a big disappointment.

Yesterday we had a chicken pasanda and a chicken jalfrezi. The pasanda was anaemic and creamy but with almost no flavour. The jalfrezi had few chillies and was mainly a mush of onion and tomato. The chicken pieces were quite small and it certainly wasn't the spicy, fresh, flavoursome dish it should be.

I don't know what's happened to the chefs but we won't be ordering from here again in a hurry.