“Great place to go”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I recently went to buddy's and was overwhelmed with how polite the waiting staff were. Making sure I was ok throughout my experience as well as seating me quickly.

The food was of high standards. It was breakfast and a
Caption America with blueberry pancakes is something I would recommend.

OverAll a great dining experience
Would go again and again

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Wont be going again...sloppy looking set up, poor service. Ok for teenagers only,not for the more mature diner!

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Buddy's is Winchesters only American diner so I wish they would get it right! It's obviously changed hands as the food is now rubbish. 5 of us dined, we all had burgers, three of us had doubles. They were all overcooked, burnt around the edges and dryer than the sole of my shoe. And about as tasty.
Lets be clear here, this place sells burgers, ribs and 3 chicken dishes. If they can't cook a burger, it's game over. Serious changes need to be made before I take my family back again.

Faye P, Manager at Buddy's Diner, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Hi Peter A, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback on our diner. It is a great shame that your experience was not up to the standards that you or I would expect.

We have since made some important changes to our menu, team and overall dining experience which has seen huge benefits to our customer satisfaction. I would like to think that when you and your family visit us again, your views will be very different and that you enjoy dining with us.

Many thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I first visited about a year ago, and vowed never to go back. However I ended up there again after being out voted one afternoon.

The food is still bad. Someone ordered potato skins as a starter, which cost around £5, and a couple of small tasteless skins turned up, which looked like something you could buy in a cheap frozen food supermarket. 2 people in our party apparently ordered 2 different burgers, however identical things turned up. They were greasy and didn't taste good at all.

On top of this the service isn't great, and you might be lucky enough to hear all about the waitresses sex life if you sit in a booth near the bar.

Avoid at all costs!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Had a truly awful experience, rude staff and even worse food! BBQ sauce tasted like gravy and was over all poor quality for the price. Waited ages to be seated after sitting down and eating the waitress actually came and asked if we wanted the bill! Because other people were waiting, had not even ordered dessert or had our plates cleared! When processing the bill the card machine was left with us for 15 minutes on the table and they had to process it twice because they left it so long. Honestly do not be impressed by the outside I would recommend plenty more places in Winchester that are nicer and cheaper! ( every restaurant except this one! Oh and wetherspoons!)