“Lovely experience”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely experience”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Visited here when I was on a weekend away. We had a lovely experience. Good wine selection, reasonably well priced. Our starter (sharing platter) was amazing!! Really tasty. We both had T bone steaks. My partner's steak was a little underdone, he ordered it med- rare but it almost came out as blue. He still enjoyed it. The sides were really tasty. The service was good but our waitress did lack in a bit of knowledge at times. Overall, it was great. Really nice experience- I am being a little picky!!

• Visited June 2013

Winchester, United Kingdom
“FILLET STEAK!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Just have the fillet steak, its amazing, melt in the mouth!
Friendly staff and lovely atmosphere. Perfect steak and the way they serve it, automatically with chips and two sauces but I recommend getting a few of the veggie sides, roasted root veg and the red cabbage is great. Two sauces of the day. Completely excellent evening!!! Couldn't fault anything! I have heard people say they found it a tad pricey, but to me, you get what you pay for and a damn decent steak like the one I had was worth it!

• Visited May 2013
“Steaks to die for indeed”
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

They do meat like no other in Winch, cooked to perfection everytime with no blood running over the plate.
Great service with good Rioja make it a regular haunt.
Well done guys.

Winchester, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent all round!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Although we live in Winchester, we hadn't been to The Porterhouse before. I must say that, having been underwhelmed by a number of other restaurants in Winchester, we were really impressed by this restaurant - and we were keen that it should be good as we were taking some friends out with us as a thank-you. The service was very polite and not at all pushy in any way; there was no sense of rush, we were able to take as long as we wanted. (Admittedly it was midday - on a Saturday - and not very busy but still...) And the food was, without exception excellent: the tiger prawns, the burgers, the chicken kebabs, the steaks, the chips, the sauce, the ice-creams (my wife was particularly delighted with these) and the coffee. Really very enjoyable. If I have one criticism, it would be that I found the decor a bit over-formal - but that's the style of the restaurant. We will go again!

London, United Kingdom
“An excellent dining experience”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have been to the Porterhouse restaurant in Winchester with my family on my sons birthday occasion for the first time. We made a reservation for the day. We have been asked for any special requirements while making the reservation. We had a very warm welcome on our arrival. the tables were decorated, the staff were very polite and the steaks were excellent. After the desserts a cake has been served to the table which was beyond expectation. we had a very good experience.