“The duck noodles....oh my lord”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wonderful Chinese Takeaway - CLOSED

Cuisines: Chinese, Fast Food, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The duck noodles....oh my lord”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I have never had better. I ate two portions. Really nice staff, good value, fabulous food. Looks a bit dilapidated from the outside and I must say I was sceptical but I was so surprised. In a good way.

Winchester, England, United Kingdom
“The best chineese takaway in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I have used this takaway many times over the last two and a half years and have never been disapointed.
All the meals for two are fantastic and enough for three or four.
You can watch your meal being cooked or pop to the pub for a pint. Next door is really expensive so try the Rising Sun over the road.
The best thing is that they don't use MSG so you don't wake up in the night gasping for water!

• Visited October 2012
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

I chose this Chinese takeaway because they use no added MSG, a claim no other Chinese in Winchester does. However, the food quality was no to standard. The batter of the salt and pepper squid & the crispy shredded beef was seriously tough. I had to spit out the only prawn I dare try from my seafood udon as it tasted mouldy. The udon noodles were overcooked & too soft. The crab meat sweetcorn soup had cheap, minced prawns as opposed to crab or even the usual crab sticks you would expect. I didn't dare eat it.

My order was taken & prepared without adding up my total or asking me what free item I wanted. Once I realised this my order was ready. In their haste to make amends they undercooked the free crab claws which were left still frozen in the middle. I accepted crispy seaweed instead, which was good. They then also gave me free prawn cracker which I'm afraid were a bit stale.

I won't be returning & I couldn't possibly recommend anyone eat there.

• Visited July 2012
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

Super Cheap. Super Quick. Super Yum!
I had the small chow mein (definatley your moneys worth!) and the Tom Yum soup (nice and spicy)

Visited June 2012
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Disgusting!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

We ordered from them on Sunday night it took over an hour to get here. The food was freezing and was disgusting my dog wouldn't even eat it, we phoned and complained they said our next order was free, so we ordered last night and it was even worse. Absolutely vile would not recommend it at all. They need the old owner back this used to be the best Chinese takeaway now its below worst..