“Fyne Dining Overall! ”

Loch Fyne - Winchester
Ranked #25 of 210 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Just come back from an overall lovely meal at Loch Fyne. Me and my partner were greeted by James, a very friendly member of the team! Drinks were an average wait of 5/6 minutes which wasn't too much of a problem.
To start off I had the soft shell crab which was very delicious! My partner had the Scottish Rope Grown Mussels which were absolutely sublime! For mains we both had the Seafood Tagliatelle which was under seasoned and came across as bland. The fish overall was cooked very well with an exception of the scallops that were slightly over done and rubbery! Once again not a big enough issue to complain to a very nice attentive waiter James!
For dessert I had the sticky toffee pudding recommended by James which was hands down the best Sticky Toffee Pudding I have ever had! (Thank You James!)
My partner had the chocolate tart which was once again very good!

The meal was finished by a brief chat with James about our meal where my partner and I both felt he genuinely cared. I hope he continues to be trained up and I'm sure he'll make a great supervisor!

Quick Mention for the chef that also gave a friendly good bye at the fish station!

Thank you Loch Fyne!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Haven't been to a Loch Fyne for several months, and was pleasantly surprised by the variety offered on the latest menu, Softshell crab, King Prawn Masala, Crab Gratin, plus all the usual fresh fish and shellfish.

I had the Softshell Crab as a starter and the King Prawn Masala as a main, both cooked to perfection, masala with just the right amount of heat.

Washed down with a bottle of Albarino.

And the décor is modern but understated in a 500 year old building, very well executed.

Good attentive service.

Great for a dinner if you like seafood with some variety.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Have never had a bad meal at a Loch Fyne. The Winchester restaurant had a great atmosphere and the service was excellent. Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I have eaten at this restaurant several times in recent years and the level of service has always been exemplary. The staff are always friendly, informative and helpful. The food is always of a high quality too. Last week I dined with a friend and was served by a very helpful waitress, Iona. She had an excellent knowledge of all the dishes on offer and, having listened to our personal preferences, adjusted her recommendations accordingly. Staff are well briefed and trained at Loch Fyne, Winchester. Thank you for a lovely evening and, in particular, thank you Iona for the quality and attentiveness of your service.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

But good service, nice food & wine - just what you want & expect. Nice roaring fire was very welcome.