“Lovely place to stay in Winchester”
Review of Ranelagh B&B

Ranelagh B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winchester
Ranelagh B&B
Ranked #36 of 52 Winchester B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 14, 2014

My friend and I had a lovely stay in Ranelagh B&B. We were welcomed by Chris and Margot who were very kind and accommodating. The breakfast was delicious and we felt very much at home. Great location surrounded by beautiful houses and the walk to the high street via the river is very picturesque. I highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hannahlovestotravel
There are newer reviews for Ranelagh B&B

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Completely enjoyed my stay at Ranelagh B & B. It is in a beautiful area of Winchester and offers very reasonable rates. Cozy, private room at the top of the stairs provided the perfect resting place during my vacation. Appreciated the friendly greeting from Chris in the morning and his helpful travel advice. Wonderful stay and would highly recommend it to anyone traveling in the area.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 6, 2014

A friend and I had a wonderful experience at the Ranelagh B&B, Chris and Margot were wonderful hosts, providing very helpful sightseeing and dinner recommendations. Breakfast (we just had the continental) was lovely and convivial, I felt like part of the family! My only regret is that we only stayed one night.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank vshore
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My partner & I just spent two lovely nights in Ranelagh B&B, in a lovely, clean & very comfortable room overlooking the garden. You feel very much like you're a guest in a friend's home, especially in the morning when Chris joins you for a chat over breakfast (a lovely start to the day, whether you take full English or continental - we did one morning of each!) and both he and Margo are very welcoming.

The Victorian house is filled with photographs, paintings and collected treasures from over the years. And our bedroom had a nice selection of books. The private bathroom for the double room is on the floor below, though this isn't a problem as there's only two rooms available for guests so you're highly unlikely to run into anyone on the stairs! :)

It's an easy walk into town (wander a different way every day, we did!) and to the Hospital of St Cross. There's a great little pub within a couple of minutes (the Queen Inn) and the quirky Wykeham Arms is within 10 minutes walk.

It's a great experience, much more personable & homely than a hotel so if you're looking for a friendly, quiet and very relaxing experience then I recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Great B&B, not least for the friendly greeting from Chris, and easy to walk into centre of town. My room was quiet and comfortable with some great books to choose from for bedtime reading. As for the breakfast - cooked to perfection, with the added benefit of the personable and sociable Chris on hand to help the day off to a good start.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank bella5888
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed one night with Chris and Margot Brown at the Ranelagh and it was a very positive experience. I'd had a stressful day and was looking forward to a long day, delivering a training course, in the morning. The room was large and quiet and the bed so comfortable that I slept through, which is rare for me on work trips. The high point has to be Chris's excellent cooked breakfast which sustained me right through the day! Delicious, high quality ingredients and great conversation over breakfast. Thank you, you made what could have been a horrid trip away from home into a really good experience. I'm sure my clients at Hampshire Museum's Service enjoyed my training so much more because they had a relaxed, well-fed trainer before them, not a harrassed one!

Room Tip: This is a traditional English b and b, with personal and friendly service, not a swish hotel, so don...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank HelenC135
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

What a lovely B&B! Ranelagh is such a wonderful place to stay, you'll be treated as friends rather than guests. Wonderful breakfast (bonus of chatting with Margo and Chris), superb bed, superb shower - surrounded by lots of wonderful photos of Margo & Chris' life.
A short (15 min) walk into Winchester!
Perfect!
Will definitely return, sooner rather than later!
Sam & Jim