“Fantastic”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winchester
Cathedral Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 53 Winchester B&B and Inns
“Fantastic”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

A fab B&B with a great host. Great location close to cathedral grounds and high street, a clean and snug little out house and a good breakfast. Christine is a lovely host and a pleasure to meet! Thank you

Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Damien S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bangor, Co. Down
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very comfortable and quiet even though in a central location. Christine is a wonderful hostess and made sure we were comfortable from the start, she made us a lovely breakfast and provided us with a very reasonably priced and delicious packed lunch. Highly recommended.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Alton, Illinois
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Should I have the opportunity to visit Winchester, England again, I'll be sure to book ahead and request the Garden Room Suite. Would love to spend more time exploring Winchester, but even more so, just to lose myself in a good book while relaxing in this quiet get-away of a lovely B&B. Thanks to our wonderful hosts for their hospitality and a fantastic breakfast.Just an unexpected treat - a home away from home! And the location couldn't have been more perfect. The whole experience was surreal!

Room Tip: Call ahead to book the Garden Room for a bit more space and privacy.
Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank DianaLynnW
Smithfield, Utah
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This bed and breakfast was a dream come true! I came to England to visit many sights in London, but also was so fortunate to have been able to take a side trip to Chawton and then Winchester with some of my family. Our hosts were amazing! They accommodated our group and delighted us with wonderful information about Winchester giving helpful advice for transportation and eating locations. It was beautiful, perfectly clean, and so comfortable. Three of us stayed in the cottage through the quaint, lovely garden. It had modern conveniences such as WiFi, refrigerator, TV, etc, but was built and decorated with such style and excellent taste! It was the highlight of my whole trip to England and I am anxious to return! I wish I could have spent more time in Winchester! The full English breakfast was superb! Everything was homemade and so delicious. Christine was so fun to talk to and her family was very helpful and so kind! This B & B is perfect for any person or group! Loved it and can't wait to return!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thayne, Wyoming
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Our trip started in London. Have been there before so no surprises. We wanted to plan a side trip to Chawton for the Jane Austen elements so started looking for overnight arrangements a few months ago. Came across the Cathedral Cottage B&B in Winchester, on Tripadvisor, which worked out perfectly because we thought spending a day in Winchester would be a neat way to see "real England". I emailed Christine, the owner, and I was surprised at how quickly she responded. She told me about the "Cottage" and it sounded absolutely perfect for what we needed. We couldn't wait to get there. When the others traveling with us were told of this side trip they were so excited about it that they wanted to come with us. I emailed Christine and she totally accomodated them with a room in her home. The Cottage was so charming, we loved it. And the room upstairs was really cute. Christine gave us a choice of a full English breakfast or continental. We chose the full English breakfast and was it ever good. Homemade bread, sausage, baked beans, eggs, mushrooms, the works. All in her sunny dinning room. The whole family was so nice, so informative, helped us in so many ways. Like I said, we have all been to London several times and we have all decided that the next time we come back to England, and we will, it will be to Winchester and Cathedral Cottage. We have made a friend here. And Winchester is as charming a town as you would ever want to see. This was definately the best part of the trip. If I had known it would be this good I would have planned several more days here than in London.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kara D
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed here last Friday night and had a great stay. Lovely novel detached room at the bottom of an old English garden. Safe, secure and comfortable. Warm and friendly host made breakfast from scratch with tasty bread made with flour from the old City Mill around the corner - yum.
BB

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Edwardsville, Illinois
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Loved, loved, loved this little cottage B&B, even though it was occupied by my sister, her daughter and grandaughter. My friends and I were made welcome in the little bedroom upstairs. I really felt almost like one of the family as Christine and family were very warm and welcoming. We enjoyed the full English breakfast in the beautiful sunroom/breakfast room. It was just so fun sharing stories with Christine and getting tips on what to see and the best way to get around Winchester, which is a wonderful area. I would highly recommend the Cathedral Cottage Bed & Breakfast. Location is everything and this is a great location!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends