“Lovely pristine home”

29 Christchurch Road
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winchester
29 Christchurch Road
Ranked #21 of 53 Winchester B&B and Inns
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Lovely pristine home”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was really a lovely stay. It's in a quiet but fairly central part of town (the walk into the centre is very pleasant), and we were given a friendly welcome. The rooms are extremely well kept- the house is old and full of antiques yet seems brand new! Breakfast is cooked to order in served in a lovely peaceful dining room surrounded by a garden. The bathroom we had was so warm (it was cold outside!) and had little Molton Brown products supplied... altogether this B&B is worth the money.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed March 30, 2013

29 Christchurch road is a warm and friendly Bnb. The rooms are clean and tastefully decorated; The private bathrooms are a godsend(!!); Breakfast was delicious with a large variety and the owner was friendly, informative and kind. Situated literally 10 mins from Winchester town centre - this is the ideal place if you are over for work or pleasure.

• Stayed March 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Charming owner full of good advice on how to get the best from Winchester. Great accommodation. Superb location just a short walk from all the historic parts, the restaurants, the beautiful water meadows and the cathedral. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Midsomer Norton, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I've stayed here this month (feb). The rooms are lovely and the basics are provided for, I stayed in the room which had a private bathroom not ensuite. The bathroom was clean and tidy.

The hostess can come accross a bit abrupt at times so I just stayed clear. She's not very flexible I.e I booked two nights to come back and one of the nights I booked on the wrong day. I left a voice mail to confirm which nights I had booked and to confirm which nights I actually wanted.

I rang back the next day to be told that she sent me an email cancelling my booking because she couldn't swap the wrong night and that she couldn't give me the one night on its own as she was going out the night.

Thanks.. Left me in a pickle as the booking was for that week!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
OliviaFD, Owner at 29 Christchurch Road, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
I'm very sorry that you did find me flexible to your needs. I do everything in my power to be available to my guests, but I could not accomodate your new arrangements. I did my very best to contact you, but I could not leave message on your voicemail, so I emailed you to let you know as soon as possible.
Kind regards
Olivia
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My GF and I went to stay for a night just to get away from the city. The room was very clean, bathroom lovely and bed comfortable. It was a cold weekend but the room was warm. Breakfast was also great and Olivia was very helpful with suggesting things to do and restaurants to eat at. Good location can reach all the towns pubs and restaurants on foot. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed here for a few nights with two colleagues while on business and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I found Olivia to be a knowledgable, interesting and friendly host, who was more than happy to offer advice on where to go and what to do.

Her delightful home, a Regency-style house equipped and maintained to a modern standard, is tastefully decorated, with some lovely artwork, and is ideally located within a 10-15 minute walk from the town centre (and cathedral).

My room was warm (despite the freezing weather), comfortable, well-equipped and contained an eclectic range of books. The en suite bathroom was spotlessly clean, spacious and included a generous selection of Molton Brown toiletries.

The pièce de résistance, however, was the breakfast; Olivia's (incredible) homemade jam and marmalade with granary toast accompanied a wide range of breakfast options from porridge and fruit salad with yoghurt to locally sourced bacon, sausage and eggs. Everything was cooked fresh to order and served with a smile and good conversation.

I would return without hesitation. Thank you, Olivia.

• Stayed January 2013
Lewisburg, West Virginia
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Olivia is a gracious hostess and has wonderful suggestions for dining and things to do...not that there is ever a lack of things to do around Winchester. The guest house is beautifully appointed and when Olivia found there was an interest in antique furniture, we really got a tour and an education! Breakfasts were to order and I think we disappointed her with our moderate appetites - everything was delicious. The rooms are equipped with tea service, hair dryer, and loads of lovely hot water for showers. To say everything was charming and delightful doesn't even begin to cover our stay! And yes, you can walk into town...and your car can be parked right outside - Olivia supplies the parking permit too.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in the house.