Holiday Inn Winchester
$172
The Wykeham Arms(Winchester)(Great Value!)
$145
The Winchester Hotel & spa(Winchester)(Great Value!)
$96
$46
Marwell Hotel(Winchester)
$93
Priceline
Premier Inn Winchester Hotel(Winchester)(Great Value!)
$81
PremierInn.com
Days Inn Sutton Scotney South(Winchester)(Great Value!)
$57
$47
Priceline
Giffard House(Winchester)
1,064 results
All reviewsspacious hotelpeppa pig worldair conplenty of parkingexecutive roomfamily roomreception areashort drivegood sizefried eggsstayed here for one nightrestaurant staffreception staffbar menutea and coffeeevening mealcity centre
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for four nights, I am sure because we arrived by coach, there being some 34 of us travelling from Yorkshire with our local Probus club, we had to eat before the other guests, i.e. at 6.30pm prompt. Our meal had to be booked from a limited menu provided at breakfast each morning. You would not recommend friends to try this restaurant if this was the best they could provide. At times the food was warm, never hot, everything plated up, just like being back at school. However the breakfast was a feast of a meal enjoyed b y everyone of our party. The bar was very pricey and quite a shock at the charges they made again not one again to recommend to friends. Our room was bright, clean and well appointed apart from the lack of hanging space for two adults staying for four nights. It's the only hotel I have ever stayed in where the guests stand back and the staff use the lifts to remove dirty items down to the kitchen, what are you playing a?
The hotel is ideally placed for trips away. We enjoyed Winchester, Salisbury, the motor museum of Lord Montagu of Beaulie , and a drive in the New Forest. all very enjoyable.

Room Tip: take a few drinks to have in your room before dinner.....
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
siobhanthomasson009, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Thank you Ian H for your comments after your recent stay.

You are absolutely right, that your evening meal times were agreed by all parties before you arrived. Equally the menus were also agreed upon. We offer plated service as many groups feel that a buffet is treating them as second class citizens when all our other diners have plated service. What I am a little disappointed in, is that at no point throughout your stay did anyone mention food not being hot. Indeed on two of the nights I know I asked the team to really stress how hot all the plates were. If this has been pointed out to us I could have addressed this while you were here. But thank you for pointing out the issue with the lift. I have addressed this personally today with the team.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your visit to Hampshire and I hope it will not be your last.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

My wife and I have recently had a four night break with my Probus club at the Holiday Inn, Winchester. The situation is very central for local attractions, ie Salisbury, Beaullieu motor museum, New Forest etc. The hotel is very clean and airy and the staff are all polite and efficient. Our room was very spacious but we had no view. We were looking out straight onto a wall with windows just a few yards away. It may have been a hotel annex. However the maid kept it spotless. The breakfast was the best meal for us. It was really appetising. A great choice of food. The evening meal was adequate but nothing special. There was a choice of a meat, fish or vegetarian courses. I just wish this hotel had been within walking distance of the odd pub or the city centre because the drinks prices were astronomically high, especially to us northerners, £4.40 for a pint of lager and £4.20 for a pint of bass. Having said all this we had a good time and felt that we were well looked after.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you craigcarolpalmer for your review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate that for dinner the choices are limited however this was agreed by the organisers with the team.

It is great that you managed to see so much of Winchester and Hampshire on your visit, having lived in Yorkshire, I hope you agree although very different from Yorkshire, equally beautiful!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Right away from the City Centre so big tick in the box for external quietness. Lots of spaces in the large car park.

The hotel has a modern design, and maybe rather antiseptic in the public areas. Certainly plenty of room in the hotel lobby, but all the action is on the lower ground floor where the bar and restaurant can be found.

Again, all very corporate around a bustling central bar and it's the first time I've seen little TV screens on bar pumps. When we stayed, a large, but civilised, Christmas do was taking place in one of the function rooms. All well-contained and wouldn't have known it was going on save for the separators across the bar area.

We were actually booked into the Executive Room on the first floor, which is located off the beaten track in a staff access area. So internal quietness pretty much guaranteed too. A very impressive room once inside. Long but certainly not thin, with plenty of square footage. Everything that you could want e.g. minibar, safe, hot beverage facilities, 2 flat screen TV's, ample storage space and flat tops. dining table and chairs, ironing board, easy to operate room temperature, and plenty of seats. Only oddity was the tiny wardrobe with 7 coat hangers and one dressing gown
The duvet covered bed was amply comfortable, and the bathroom was spotless and a had a huge shower compartment which was efficient with simple controls
Slept very well indeed overnight, and not disturbed in the slightest.

Down to breakfast in the bar/restaurant area next morning. Hot and cold buffet seemed reasonably well stocked and ably maintained. Tea and coffee is delivered in flasks, but if you ask for a specialty tea you'll get a pot and teabags - hot tip!

But the overriding memory will be the staff - what a happy, jolly lot they were. Mostly young, but all seemed genuinely friendly and focussed. From Reception to the bar staff, to the restaurant team to the room servicers - all so keen and happy to engage. Not one grumpy disinterested misery spotted anywhere!

I'd certainly be happy to stay again.

Room Tip: Executive room 333 highly recommended - it's big, quiet and comfortable
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

WOW, Thank you so much ElmParkRoyal,

What a fabulous review! We are very lucky with our suite, which is a beautiful room.
I just wanted to say thank you for your lovely comments regarding our team. I am so proud of them for always being upbeat, polite, professional, especially when we are so busy, knowing how important it is that each guest has a lovely stay. I have passed on your delightful comments to them all.

Many thanks again and I hope we see you back here soon.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stayed here for a meeting and the stay was perfect. I had forgotten my gloves in the lobby, on my return home realised I had left them I phoned the hotel and left a message for someone to contact me back. I had a guy I think called Mr Richardson the reception manager and he could not do more to help me and put them straight into the post for me. great guy!!!

room was big, clean and staff friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Massimo B
siobhanthomasson009, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Thank you so much Massimo B for your lovely comments!

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay including your meeting and that we were able to return your gloves. I have passed on your comments to our reception manager who said he was delighted to help!

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Just spent a weekend break at this hotel and it surpassed all our expectations . We came to meet up with family to see the Christmas markets? Don't be put off by the outside, it really does not do this hotel justice. The staff are so efficient and really friendly. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and the rooms were brilliant. The only downside to the room was that there was no instruction on how to set/reset the air con/heating control on the wall.

We had an evening meal in with our deal and it was excellent. Beautifully served and presented and quick service too. Lovely ambience in the restaurant and the waiting staff were so nice . Nothing was any trouble to them. We would love to return and perhaps visit the space centre and planetarium which is right next door.

The breakfast was superb and the choices were amazing. Lovely fresh fruit and yogurts, cooked breakfast with any choice of eggs as to how you wanted them cooked, poached, fried, scrambled, you name it . We even had pancakes to follow and they were freshly cooked and delicious. Lovely fresh pastries too if you could find room!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CanterburyBridge

CanterburyBridge,

You have given us a huge reputation to live up to!! Thank you. I am delighted that you had such a fabulous weekend and enjoyed our restaurant, which we are very proud of.

We Look forward to seeing you on your return