“Fantastic Food”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I found visiting Pulcinella's a treat.
Booked a table for 12 and didn't have to pre-order.
Food arrived very quickly and at the same time and was very hot.
For starter I had the mushrooms which I found to be quite a small portion for the price £7.99!! Just three mushrooms on a bed of rocket. However, the main and pudding made up for it. I had the rib-eye steak which was cooked to perfection and the sauce which accompanied the dish was so tasty. Friends I was dining with mentioned that there food was delicious but portion sizes let the down (considering the prices were quite high).
Deserts were all the same price we had the profiteroles, chocolate box and tiramisu, and cheeseboard. I had the profiteroles which were enjoyably home-made and not too sweet served with vanilla icecream. The friends who had the chocolate box said they were sensational.....
The service was good, they were quick, polite and were not too intrusive to our group. We were lucky enough to be seated in an alcove so it almost like we had the restaurant to ourselves!
I would definitely go back.....!

1  Thank Charli_32

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I came here for a work night out and it was fab food with great service, considering there was around 15 of us! Situated in Bedford Place it is in a perfect location....

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Went to check out the restaurant as we were looking for a venue for a party of 16 later in the month. Very friendly barman who was running the place on his own (8pm on a Wednesday?!). I ordered the Linguine Alla Pescatora that was supposed to be king prawns, mussels, octopus and clams in a tomato sauce and my partner ordered the Fettuccine which was creamy chicken in a dolcehetta sauce.
The Fettucine was superb and ranks 8/10 in my books. As you may already suspect the the linguine was missing a few ingrediants namely the king prawns, clams and octopus and so ranked 5/10 IMO. Shame really as what I had was great.
The restaurant was cold enough to force my partner to keep her coat on all evening plus the toilets were flooded, dirty and cold. If you can put up with the cold and check you get what you order it is a nice enough place but for entertaining a big party it's a no.

Reviewed January 28, 2012

Lovely meal, authentic tastes. Welcome from the manager for those of our party who were regulars was family-like.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

I have to say that I was surprised by the level of enthusiasm for this restaurant. I have pizza most times I visit and like a goldfish I forget how average the pizzas are. The pasta can be better but all in all not up to what you have come to expect from places like Carluccios and Jamie's Italian where the prices are not that much dearer. Could do a lot better if they tried! Note the restaurant is next door to a cobblers and the smell of glue can be overwhelming.