“Lovely food and staff”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

One of the best TGI’s I have been to, great food and service!

They are really with their allergy checks.

Would recommend for a visit!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,179)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Been a very long time since visited a TGI. Now I know why! Know how average the food offerings can be from ‘a major chain’ company and have had a very limited number of patchy offerings from TGI in the distant past. Only the location and timing prompted us to give this place a chance in the hope that things might have improved in this competitive world these days. What a disappointment in the extreme. Wish we hadn’t bothered. Service OK but food so bad would have really struggled to satisfy even as an poor/average school dinner offering but this clearly at 10-20X the equivalent price! My wife couldn’t eat the ‘crispy’ chips that were completely soft and limp and both our different chicken dishes were only just edible enough to eat about half of the offering presented. Difficult to see how TGI is still in business these days based on this experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Didn't book but wasn't too busy for an early Friday evening. Seated quickly and very friendly waiter came and took out order.
Food was delicious. Only had a main course but next time will definitely have a starter and probably a dessert too!

Reviewed September 10, 2019

We had luch here with my son who we see about every three months so it was important to us that the venue was not too noisy. Being on the higher level it was just what we wanted. The food was the normal TGI fare and good value. The only issue we had was slow service but we had chosen to go just after it had opened for lunch when there was few staff. As we left there were more staff and the service had obviously improved.
TIP don't go just after opening if you are in a hurry.

Reviewed September 8, 2019

For my birthday meal I booked a table at TGI Fridays for 18 people of which 17 attended. We had 2 large tables in the upstairs seating area which was good.

I had a voucher for my birthday for a cocktail deal which unfortunately as I had clicked on it accidently in the app I was told I could not use as they would not be able to put it through the till. This was my first disappointment as I had bought 16 guests with me and chosen to book with them.

When the food was served we could tell some of it had been waiting on the side and was very cold. Me and two other friends had to return their steaks. Other members of the group also had to return burgers.

I was eating the side salad of lettuce with dressing and chips for my dinner at one point until my replacement steak was served.

In response to this the steaks and the burgers were removed from the bill which is the correct response I would expect. Also we were given 40% off of the entire bill.

The 40% then caused major issues with working out what people needed to pay. The server not realising that the alcohol was not reduced by 40% caused major issues as some of the group had already left not paying enough. I was upset that my friends would then have to pay for the drinks for the people that had already left.

Eventually one of my friends had to speak to my manager to resolve the whole issue so that we didn't have to pay for the remainder of the bill which was not ours to pay.

To be fair to severs they tried to make my evening enjoyable by singing and providing me with piece of cake for my birthday but unfortunately the issues with the food and bill made my birthday meal not a good one. My friends were comforting me saying we would do another somewhere else.

I'm very disappointed as normally the food is of good quality and it is normally a great atmosphere. I hope the staff learn from this meal and are better prepared for the next group booking.