“still good”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Southampton, United Kingdom
“still good”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Had another great meal here, the staff are attentive, friendly and helpful. they will advise you on portion sizes and flavours. the meal is served as swiftly as you want it to be, as we always go in here before seeing a show at the Mayflower Theatre we always manage to have our meal in plenty of time without rushing.Throughly reccommend this restaurant .

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Rebecca T

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Consistantly Good and Pleasing”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have been coming to Buffalo Bills for some years now, usually as the guests of someone else but recently we decided to give them a try by ourselves. In fact we tried them twice in a month and explored their menu.
They have been 'hiding their light under a bushel' as the food is consistantly tasty and interesting inspite of their sort of plastically menu card. They do not put forward an image of posh but more as average but when you start to try different items from the menu, you find out how really good they are.
I strayed from the traditional and tried two starters instead of a big main and they were great especially as the chef sort of made my second starter up to main proportions. I also found out that they are not a chain but a standalone family run restaurent and that explained the ambiance. They really do care as it is their restaurenmt, not someone else's.
Lastly, their dessert menu needs a health warning. if you are on a diet forget it! Their desserts are stupendous and if my wife had her way she would go for two (or more) desserts and nothing else.
So B Bills is a bit of a revelation for us, we seems to have discovered something that had been there all along, just we did not know it!
Cheers

• Visited January 2013
New Forest National Park Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Lovely Steak”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Pre theatre steak was delicious!!!, popped in on the off chance and they managed to fit us in quickly and feed us before the show, even had time for a pudding!
Great atmosphere as well

• Visited February 2013
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly Surprise”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I've been in Southampton 10 year and always wanted to pop into this place but never have. I had tickets with my wife to see Phantom of The Opera and as the restaurant is opposite the Mayflower Theatre we thought we'd finally give it a go.

It's a lot bigger than it looks from the outside and was completely full when we got there at 6pm. It's fairly basic inside but the staff are very welcoming and friendly. Service was very good. My wife had the ribs, which were very good. I had the 'Fuds' wings but was little disappointed, although cooked well they lacked any flavour, which is a shame as I was really looking forward to them.

I would definitely go back as there was plenty on the menu to choose from and if I could give if 3.5 out of 5 I would have. I wish i'd ordered the ribs though!

• Visited February 2013
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Pre-theatre food”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is the third time we have eaten here in the last twelve months. We were looking forward to a great experience again......what a disappointment. My husband ordered a steak medium/well done, when it arrived blood was running out of it! He sent it back and 15mins later it was returned still red in the middle! I can cook a fillet steak medium/well in 15 minutes from start to finish. Several items were not available and it was a Monday evening...when do they shop? I ordered chicken and ribs, can't fault the chicken, it was lovely. But the ribs............... overcooked, black and only half was edible. The BBQ sauce was plentiful but did not hide the fact that the ribs were burnt. We had a pub meal the night before and it was far superior to the food served here. Sorry, won't be going back.

• Visited January 2013