“Made my Boyfriend's Birthday Special :)”
Review of Buffalo Bills

Buffalo Bills
Ranked #205 of 852 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Made my Boyfriend's Birthday Special :)”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We came here after finding out about this place via my Boyfriend's Mum (I think she used to waitress here quite a few years ago!)

It was his 24th Birthday so we wanted to go somewhere nice and there are very few places in Southampton that have a reputation as serving amazing Steaks, when we arrived I loved the atmosphere so cosy and American it was lovely. I was a bit apprehensive wondering if this place would live up to the expectations but decided to give a shot and ordered a giant steak and my Boyfriend ordered one of their combo meals which was 4 mini chickens, a rack of ribs and potato wedges all for £14.

Well I was astounded for a place that is so small they produce amazing food and you can taste how passionate they are about the food they make, everything was huge and cooked to perfection and couldn't be faulted! My steak was juicy and cooked medium/rare and my Boyfriend was so happy with his giant rack of ribs and chicken and wedges for him the perfection combination.

We ate everything and I think I could of managed one of their delicious deserts especially the death by chocolate cake but didn't want to be greedy, it all came to a very reasonable £45 and considering how much food you get for your money this is amazing, was particularly surprised how well priced my Boyfriend's combo was as in Ranchos you can have something similar but with different types of steak portions and pay the same money but not nearly have anything like what Buffalo's served!

I can't praise this place enough and recommend to everyone, have decided to make it a monthly couple treat together so they must have been good!

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Where was the warm welcome?”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We did not receive a warm welcome when we visited this restaurant recently. We arrived at 1800, without a reservation, on the off chance that we may be able to get a meal before going to the theatre opposite. The waiter greeted us at the door and asked if we had booked, to which we replied no. He spoke a woman behind the bar who said the only table left was table 7 and they both just pointed in the general direction of the table and expected us to make our own way there. My hubbie wasn’t at all impressed. After seating ourselves the waiter brought the menus and the orders for drinks and food were taken promptly. The food is basically as it says on the menu but the fried skins (not stuffed but deep fried) starter is actually potato wedges so why not say that on the menu. All in all our meal was average, the portions were large and the prices reasonable.

1 Thank SotonGirl61
“Great night!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Lovely atmosphere staff really helpful & friendly. Food great and plenty of it. Would certainly recommend :-)

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely night out, amazing burgers!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I went to Buffalo Bills as a group of 6 on a quite Sunday evening. The restaurant is very well themed, lots to look at and has a good atmosphere. We were seated immediately and had our drink orders taken very quickly with a friendly service. The menu had lots of different burgers to choose from as well as pasta, steak and pizza, the food came very quickly and wow, the burgers were amazing! Each one of us had a different burger (cheese, BBQ, mushroom, garlic etc) and everyone was very impressed, they also pile a nice load of chips on too which is good! The prices for the burgers were very reasonable especially as the quality is so high, around £6-£8.
The deserts were good and there was lots of choose, I had the lemon sorbet but was a bit disappointed when it came to the table and was only 2 small scoops and I had paid £4.20! The other desserts though were great and worth the price tag. The staff were friendly and attentive, maybe a bit too serious and proper at times though, we tried to crack a joke with the waiter which was met with an unimpressed look, a serious reply and quick exit! They were very quite when we went so there wasn't much for them to be doing so they were just standing around by the till which I have no problem with, but I did felt like the whole meal we were being constantly watched and waited on to finished so they had something to do! Our plates didn't last 2 seconds on the table once the last knife was put down, which is great service, but I did feel a bit rushed and didn't like the constant eyes our plates! Apart from that the service was very good and formal, we were informed straight away which items on the menu they didn't have which was nice to know before we set our hearts on something they couldn't give us. Over all we had a good meal and apart from my sorbet the prices were very good. If you like a good burger definitely give it a try!

Southampton
“Best American food in and around southampton.”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Had a combo which had ribs, chicken wings and potatoe skins. Was absolutely delicious. Service is good too as we were going to order extra sides and were advised not too (no pressured sale) which was quite refreshing and the waiter was in fact correct as the portion sizes are good! Would definitely recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2012