“Variety of good japanese food!”

Zen Japanese & Oriental Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Zen Japanese & Oriental Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #157 of 909 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are a Japanese restaurant with some Asian fusion cuisine, we have a wide selection of food menu including sushi, Teriyaki and other dishes. We have a big lounge bar at the front of the restaurant for casual dining and a dining area for more formal dinner. We also have tables and chairs outside our restaurant during summer time for customers to relax and enjoy their food and drink.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

for Japanese food fans this is a good one. I enjoyed the buffet as it has many choices, and they all were quite tasty Good value for money, kind service, and also nice Japanese and British beers available.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have walked past Zen a lot of times in the past and I have to say that sadly I hadn't really took notice of it which is a shame because I really is very good , the lunch time offer £8.50 for two courses is amazing value and you do feel like you have eating without feeling bloated afterward. Service tip top and would love to go there again maybe for their Sunday buffet.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We came here for a buffet. There was plenty of variety of food to choose from. The staff were very tentative and the food was delicious. I would recommended this place to all sushi lovers.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was recommended by a friend to come to this place,so I gave it a try. I took a group of friends and we all went for their buffet menu. We were not dissappointed. One of the friend loved their satay chicken, that he ordered several dishes. That kept him happy. I enjoyed the miso soup from the starters and also the freshly made sushi's. If only they have a selection of desserts, it would be a nice way to end the evening. The staff were very polite and friendly. They came to our assistance when we were deprived of wassabi and ginger. Would recommend.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

This restaurant looked quite unassuming from the outside. Having read the reviews at TP, I thought I shoud give Zen a try since I love Japanese food and it was within 2 minutes walking distance from the hotel I was staying at- Mercure Dolphin. The interior of the restaurant was nice enough for romantic dates or for hungry companies with challenge to eat as much as possible. I would say the quality of the food is not the best and the taste is not heavenly, however, for the price that you pay, you are getting a very good value meal. There were lots of choices to satisfy different cravings; maki rolls, sashimi (at extra cost), tempura, barbecue on stick, noodles, fried rice, etc... I was satisfied with with of my order, although i have to mention that my fried noodle was a bit let down as it was greasy. I do commend people who could skip the all you can eat menu and go for a la carte! The staff was very efficient however they seemed the happiest when people asked for the bill.