“Massive portions, good honest greek food”
Review of Fat Fig - CLOSED

Fat Fig
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Massive portions, good honest greek food”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We had olives and hummus to start. lovely homemade hummus. I had the mixed grill type dish (pork chicken and sausages with salad and new potatoes) and my partner had the barbequed trout. His fish was exactly barbequed but he did get two fillets of it with a massive plate of salad and potatoes. my homemade sausages were amazing and pork really well spiced. prices were really good in here and good for drinks too.
its not a dressy place, very casual but good food for great prices.

• Visited April 2014

“Great authentic meal”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Spent the night in Southampton and decided to eat at this establishment. I am glad I did the food and service was superb an the food very Greek and fresh. I had the prawns to start and they were big and juicy. Thank you for a nice meal

“Fabulous”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Small restaurant in Bedford place but big reputation. Great home made food, all cooked to perfection. We had the banquet for 2, at £18.95 a head. We were eating for nearly 2 hrs and every piece of it was fantastic. Small offerings of each selection which, although don't look like much we're well cooked and tasted lovely. Well priced food and good value for money, the service was exceptional and the atmosphere was friendly cosy and inviting. Well recommended to all

• Visited April 2014
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Genuine article, great taste, very friendly and relaxed, great value!”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I went with 2 friends, we shared some of the homemade dips and pitta to start, with the lovely house red wine. Then we had the Fatfig special mixed kebab of chicken, pork and a sheftalies (amazing home made sausages) served with the hand cut proper chips and Greek salad. Wow! Just managed to finish it. Fantastic. We will defiantly be back.
I thoroughly reccomend this little place.

• Visited February 2014
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Unbelievable Food at this little Gem restaurant in the city of Southampton”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

After an incredible refurbishment this restaurant will attract you to walk in and have a GREAT meal!
I was at Fat Fig last night with a group of friends were most were vegetarians and the rest wanted authentic Greek food with a variety of meats. The staff were more than helpful to recommend us their meze plates which consist of different plates starting from Greek dips (hummus, tzatziki, taxi, skordalia etc...) which are served with pitta bread were all these dips are home made and one tastes better than the other not being able to choose the best one. There was a variety of vegetarian dishes such as aubergines served in a delicious tomato sauce, stuffed peppers, crispy but soft inside falafel which is hard to find good home made and tasty falafel anywhere, cous cous salad, a variety of fish and meat dishes. The calamari was INCREDIBLE! I am from Greece and i have never tasted a better calamari, it was so soft and flavory. The thing that drew my attention of how everything is REALLY home made was from the potato chips, i have never in all my life gone to a restaurant that served me home cut and fried potato chips rather than frozen ones so thumbs up to the chef. The meat was soft and tasty and the portions are HUGE for the money you pay. For myself, the chicken is what I enjoyed the most; the chicken was as soft as i would never imagine it and the flavour was wonderful.
I believe, having visited many restaurants in my life that this is one of the best if not the best restaurant i have ever been to. Great FOOD, Great Staff team, Great chef, Great music and a wonderful, pleasant and relaxing atmosphere.
WELL DONE! If someone lives in Southampton and haven't yet visited fat fig, now is the time to go. As I know, you can also find them on just eat website.

• Visited February 2014