“Superb evening”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Rasraj
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: Locally sourced, lovely character of the building, most cozy restaurant of southampton, only authentic indian restaurant, function room, & plenty parking spaces
“Superb evening”
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Great evening, fantastic food & service. Been to this restaurant a number of times and been looked after very well. The flavours and quality of the food is amazing. Well worth a visit if you are in the local area of Oxford Street. Indian cuisine at its best.

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great night out”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I went here with a friend and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We had a two course meal which was very filling with a great choice on the menu. I had a delicious spicy chicken and my friend had the chocolate chicken (that I tried and really liked) The service was friendly and I will be back.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Inkylady
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great authentic Indian”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

First time eating here after trying their wonderful takeaway in Midanbury twice before. Food was excellent as expected but the service was slow and not very attentive. This appeared because they had minimum staff on and a fairly full restaurant mid week. I will deffinately go back

“The freshest and best tasting Indian food I know of.”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I highly recommend this place. The food tastes freshly made and with good quality ingredients. The staff are knowledgeable on their menu with sound advice on what to order. Keep an eye on living social or groupon for a good value meal out.

Dereham, United Kingdom
“Fresh Local Produce Cooked To Perfection”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Having eaten Indian cuisine on five continents, I am astonished to find one of the very best in the city in which I went to school!
From their website - RASRAJ is proud to be the only ethnic cuisine member of Hampshire Fare - an organisation that is key in promoting locally sourced produce. It is also a member of Slow Food, an organisation started in Italy, to counter the fast food revolution, and promoting consideration, time and enjoyment for the preparation, presentation and consumption of food.
The menu is superb, with exciting dishes that I have never found elsewhere, as well as excellent variations on old favourites.
This was our second visit since returning to the UK in May, and I was, for the first time in years, spoiled for choice, and needed much longer to review the menu. As a vegetarian, this is great news, but meat eaters appear well-catered for too.
Our meals arrived quickly, bearing in mind everything is cooked to order, and my wife's request for less hot spice was taken seriously (this is a key part in our decision making to return to restaurants; if my wife's curry is too spicy, even though she has asked for a mild one, we will not return).
To start I had Delhi Chat - crispy potato patties with delicate spicing. They were hot and tasty, and the portion size was sensible for a starter.
I followed with Dhal Makhani - black lentils in a spiced butter sauce with Romali Roti. I never eat rice with curries, preferring the South Indian style of bread for the carbohydrate. It was sublime.
I will return to Rasraj, and hope the standards are kept as high as they were in May and July.

• Visited July 2012