“So much more than just good food.”
Review of Ennio's

Ennio's
Ranked #24 of 909 Restaurants in Southampton
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The food was delicious, although I went for the seafood dish that was allegedly the chef's speciality and there wasn't anything particularly special about it. It was none the less cooked perfectly and very nice, I was rather jealous of what my girlfriend had though I must admit :)

Our waiter gave excellent advice when recommending the mussels, they were awesome. He also advised us that the wine we'd chosen would benefit greatly from being left open for ten minutes and was absolutely right.

For a romantic meal it was perfect and I'd recommend it whole heartedly.

Oh, I nearly forgot to mention the Tiramisu! It was to die for!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have visited Ennios previously a couple of years ago and also previously stayed in the attached boutique hotel. Our meal this time was every bit as good as expected and reasonably priced.

My husband and father in law had the steak which was well priced at £22 and excellently cooked as requested. My mother in law had the small size lasagne which was an ample portion for someone with a regular appetite and I had the stuffed chicken which was also lovely. The wine was nice and again reasonably priced. We didn't have deserts as we were too full (much to my disappointment!)

The atmosphere of the restaurant is lively but in a homely family sort of way and even if you happen not to be a regular visitor you feel as if you are because the staff are so welcoming helpful and friendly.

Would definitely head here again to eat next time I am in the area.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went there with my fiance's family for dinner - it was very comfortable and relaxing. They had a nice seating area where one could have a drink (if they didn't want food, or were waiting for a table), and a chatty owner! The food was expensive, but not overly so. And it was very good - I had something relatively non-Italian - lobster - but I tasted my fiance's carbonara and the shared starters, and they were all delicious. Top marks in my book because I got potatoes with my lobster - for the record, potatoes make any dish better for me. And these were the best roast potatoes I have had anywhere (and as a potato lover, I've had a lot!). For a special occasion, or even if you want to just treat yourself, I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

My husband and I booked a suite in the boutique hotel upstairs for our wedding night. It was beautiful and made our evening feel very special. the breakfast in the morning was served by a lovely and very friendly lady. There was a wide choice of what to have and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I would recommend either a meal or a stay here.

1  Thank Inkylady
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Visited Ennio's for the first time today, went for the lunch offer of 2 courses for £12, very good value when compared to a la carte menu. Food was good quality and well cooked, nice wine and good service received. Would recommend.