“Well worth a visit!”
Review of The Olive Tree - CLOSED

The Olive Tree
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Carnicero Steakhouse - a place to visit for fantastically cooked Chargrilled Steaks. Ranging from USDA, Hampshire. Australia and Aberdeen Angus. Join us for a glass of wine from our beautifully sourced wine list, courtesy of Elegant Wines. There is something for everyone at Carnicero; Fresh Oysters, Whole Fish, Carnicero Burgers & Sliders (Bean Burgers and Superfood Salads for the veggies too!). We will see you soon...
“Well worth a visit!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

In one word brilliant!! Very clean fresh food and lovely staff! Not expensive will defiantly be going soon!

• Visited November 2013

Eastleigh
“Sunday meal”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We went to the Olive Tree for a pleasant meal out. The restaurant was almost empty & the food was not up to scratch.

• Visited December 2013
“Consistently tasty”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Have been to the Olive Tree a few times over the past few years, both in the evening and for lunch. Lunch is excellent and, in my opinion, good value. Evening dining is very good although the main I chose on my last visit lacked a bit of taste (just my opinion obviously!). My husband's main was up to the usual standard though so I think I just didn't choose very well. I have always found the service very polite, I don't like to be rushed so I am happy with a slower approach but I can see that others may be unhappy. Overall the Olive Tree is one of my favourites in Southampton and somewhere I do like to visit.

• Visited January 2014
“Amazing food”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Lovely resturant, very nice atmosphere, amazing good- nice and simple but good quality. Their platters are done really well. Love this place!

• Visited January 2014
“Great Fish Specials”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Went to The Olive Tree as a party of 4 on Saturday night 1st March. The restaurant was very busy and unfortunately service was very slow. We had two of the shared starters between the 4 of us which were very nice, except for the chicken liver pate on the Charcuterie platter which had the oddest taste like a very strong blue cheese. However, no tummy problems afterwards so must have been alright! We all had mains from the Specials menu - 3 x fish and 1 x lamb. All meals were excellent. The atmosphere was very pleasant although we were sat near the door and it was very cold and draughty when the door was opened.

Overall a pleasant experience. I would recommend this restaurant but isuggest you ask for a seat away from the door. Was a little shocked to see that they charge a service charge of 12.5%, rather steep I thought. However you can ask for this to be removed and leave your own tip.

• Visited March 2014