“Delicious food. Good service.”
Review of The Olive Tree - CLOSED

The Olive Tree
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Carnicero Steakhouse - a place to visit for fantastically cooked Chargrilled Steaks. Ranging from USDA, Hampshire. Australia and Aberdeen Angus. Join us for a glass of wine from our beautifully sourced wine list, courtesy of Elegant Wines. There is something for everyone at Carnicero; Fresh Oysters, Whole Fish, Carnicero Burgers & Sliders (Bean Burgers and Superfood Salads for the veggies too!). We will see you soon...
“Delicious food. Good service.”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Nicely decorated restaurant with a good atmosphere and attentive, polite staff. Not a massive vegetarian range but as expected as it is a French restaurant. The food was delicious- highly recommended.

• Visited March 2013

Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“Best fish we've ever had.”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I decided to treat ourselves and went to this restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. We were absolutely delighted; the fish was cooked perfectly and was in fact the most delicious either of us can remember ever having. We were also very impressed with the customer service we received and found the staff to be attentive and very polite. Highly recommended, we will be going again! Worth every penny and we were made to feel very welcome.

• Visited February 2013
Horsham, United Kingdom
“A really good find!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

It was a quiet Monday afternoon/early evening when we visited this restaurant. Friendly staff, lovely fresh and clean decor. We ordered from the specials board which boasts many locally sourced fish dishes but there are plenty of items on the main menu I itend to return to try.
I had scallops to start and a sea bass main, both well cooked, well-balanced, nicely presented, tasty dishes and plenty on your plate too.
However, I glib over the savoury food just a little as when it came to desert, I ordered the Cherry Bakewell cheesecake (I think it was called) and I have to say it was one of the best desserts I have ever tasted (and I eat alot of desserts!), the creamy consistency was to die for, the cherries perfectly infused to give a taste that was simply heaven! I did taste my partner's dessert but I was so enamoured by this cherry bakewell of mine that I can't remember what his was, I do remember him saying similar things to me about how good it was!
The only reason I have dropped a star on this rating, was the waiter could have been much more attentive, if I wanted a drink, I had to get up and go up to the bar and ask for it and I would prefer to have someone come over and check that I was topped up.

• Visited March 2013
“If you go, and you should, order from the specials board”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Have been there a few times now and always recieve fantastic food and service. The last 2 times i decided to order from their specials board as i enjoy fish dishes but find most places either overcook or over garnish the fish. Both times the food has been first class. The swordfish with a chilli, caper and tomato jus was amazing. Best fish dish i've eaten, until i had the monkfish in speck ham. Some seriously good mains for fish lovers.

Always made to feel relaxed and welcome and it has become a firm favourite with friends for an evening out

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely little place in the restaurant centre of southampton!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We decided to book a table for lunch as this had been a place we'd been wanting to try for a while...come the day we were due to go we actually had to delay our table not once but twice. This didn't seem to be a problem and when phoning to let them know...they dealt with it brilliantly and were very helpful.

When entering the restaurant we noticed that there was only one other table in use...probably because this was a rather late lunch which was down to us pushing our visit back twice. Feeling rather out of place as the other table was full of business type people....we were very casually dressed. We went ahead and ordered.

I went for a Rump Steak with chips and a pink peppercorn sauce (at no extra cost) whilst my friend opted for the Olive Tree Burger. The food came after a short wait.... both meals were a nice surprise as they were extremely tasty! The peppercorn sauce was one of the better ones I've had....and I've had a lot. The serving of chips was very generous indeed. The ketchup for the Burger came in a very sweet little jar which you might use to store marmalade in (see picture).

When the bill came we noticed they had over charged us....(I booked using tastecard which gives you a 241 offer). This was quickly rectified though. We didn't leave a tip as they stuck a 10% service charge on the bill. This always annoys me...especially seeing as I didn't think the service we received really deserved a tip. I know we were late and it was getting towards the end of the lunch service; but they should have made more of an effort. I wouldn't say they were rude....just not as friendly as they could have been.

All in all...a great lunch in a lovely part of town..

Give them a try next time you're in the area.

• Visited December 2012