“A really good find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Olive Tree - CLOSED

The Olive Tree
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Carnicero Steakhouse - a place to visit for fantastically cooked Chargrilled Steaks. Ranging from USDA, Hampshire. Australia and Aberdeen Angus. Join us for a glass of wine from our beautifully sourced wine list, courtesy of Elegant Wines. There is something for everyone at Carnicero; Fresh Oysters, Whole Fish, Carnicero Burgers & Sliders (Bean Burgers and Superfood Salads for the veggies too!). We will see you soon...
Horsham, United Kingdom
“A really good find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

It was a quiet Monday afternoon/early evening when we visited this restaurant. Friendly staff, lovely fresh and clean decor. We ordered from the specials board which boasts many locally sourced fish dishes but there are plenty of items on the main menu I itend to return to try.
I had scallops to start and a sea bass main, both well cooked, well-balanced, nicely presented, tasty dishes and plenty on your plate too.
However, I glib over the savoury food just a little as when it came to desert, I ordered the Cherry Bakewell cheesecake (I think it was called) and I have to say it was one of the best desserts I have ever tasted (and I eat alot of desserts!), the creamy consistency was to die for, the cherries perfectly infused to give a taste that was simply heaven! I did taste my partner's dessert but I was so enamoured by this cherry bakewell of mine that I can't remember what his was, I do remember him saying similar things to me about how good it was!
The only reason I have dropped a star on this rating, was the waiter could have been much more attentive, if I wanted a drink, I had to get up and go up to the bar and ask for it and I would prefer to have someone come over and check that I was topped up.

• Visited March 2013

“If you go, and you should, order from the specials board”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Have been there a few times now and always recieve fantastic food and service. The last 2 times i decided to order from their specials board as i enjoy fish dishes but find most places either overcook or over garnish the fish. Both times the food has been first class. The swordfish with a chilli, caper and tomato jus was amazing. Best fish dish i've eaten, until i had the monkfish in speck ham. Some seriously good mains for fish lovers.

Always made to feel relaxed and welcome and it has become a firm favourite with friends for an evening out

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely little place in the restaurant centre of southampton!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We decided to book a table for lunch as this had been a place we'd been wanting to try for a while...come the day we were due to go we actually had to delay our table not once but twice. This didn't seem to be a problem and when phoning to let them know...they dealt with it brilliantly and were very helpful.

When entering the restaurant we noticed that there was only one other table in use...probably because this was a rather late lunch which was down to us pushing our visit back twice. Feeling rather out of place as the other table was full of business type people....we were very casually dressed. We went ahead and ordered.

I went for a Rump Steak with chips and a pink peppercorn sauce (at no extra cost) whilst my friend opted for the Olive Tree Burger. The food came after a short wait.... both meals were a nice surprise as they were extremely tasty! The peppercorn sauce was one of the better ones I've had....and I've had a lot. The serving of chips was very generous indeed. The ketchup for the Burger came in a very sweet little jar which you might use to store marmalade in (see picture).

When the bill came we noticed they had over charged us....(I booked using tastecard which gives you a 241 offer). This was quickly rectified though. We didn't leave a tip as they stuck a 10% service charge on the bill. This always annoys me...especially seeing as I didn't think the service we received really deserved a tip. I know we were late and it was getting towards the end of the lunch service; but they should have made more of an effort. I wouldn't say they were rude....just not as friendly as they could have been.

All in all...a great lunch in a lovely part of town..

Give them a try next time you're in the area.

• Visited December 2012
“Girls night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I went to The Olive Tree on Friday evening (1 March) with five girlfriends. We were met by friendly staff who looked after us beautifully all evening. The food was amazing, probably the nicest calamari I have tasted in this country, followed by the lamb which melted in my mouth. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their various meals and the surroundings. All in all a lovely venue, great food (fun company) and a very enjoyable dining experience. Big thank you to SImon too for his generous gesture ....not necessary but totally enjoyable and very much appreciated!

• Visited March 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely relaxed working lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had a business lunch meeting at the lovely olive tree and we found the atmosphere just right. It was busy but not too noisy. The level of service was perfect so we found we were not waiting to long for food but not pestered. The food was top class, very fresh and lots of seasonal choices on the special board. I will be returning again, next time with my wife!

• Visited February 2013