“Lovely little place in the restaurant centre of southampton!”
Review of The Olive Tree - CLOSED

The Olive Tree
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Carnicero Steakhouse - a place to visit for fantastically cooked Chargrilled Steaks. Ranging from USDA, Hampshire. Australia and Aberdeen Angus. Join us for a glass of wine from our beautifully sourced wine list, courtesy of Elegant Wines. There is something for everyone at Carnicero; Fresh Oysters, Whole Fish, Carnicero Burgers & Sliders (Bean Burgers and Superfood Salads for the veggies too!). We will see you soon...
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We decided to book a table for lunch as this had been a place we'd been wanting to try for a while...come the day we were due to go we actually had to delay our table not once but twice. This didn't seem to be a problem and when phoning to let them know...they dealt with it brilliantly and were very helpful.

When entering the restaurant we noticed that there was only one other table in use...probably because this was a rather late lunch which was down to us pushing our visit back twice. Feeling rather out of place as the other table was full of business type people....we were very casually dressed. We went ahead and ordered.

I went for a Rump Steak with chips and a pink peppercorn sauce (at no extra cost) whilst my friend opted for the Olive Tree Burger. The food came after a short wait.... both meals were a nice surprise as they were extremely tasty! The peppercorn sauce was one of the better ones I've had....and I've had a lot. The serving of chips was very generous indeed. The ketchup for the Burger came in a very sweet little jar which you might use to store marmalade in (see picture).

When the bill came we noticed they had over charged us....(I booked using tastecard which gives you a 241 offer). This was quickly rectified though. We didn't leave a tip as they stuck a 10% service charge on the bill. This always annoys me...especially seeing as I didn't think the service we received really deserved a tip. I know we were late and it was getting towards the end of the lunch service; but they should have made more of an effort. I wouldn't say they were rude....just not as friendly as they could have been.

All in all...a great lunch in a lovely part of town..

Give them a try next time you're in the area.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I went to The Olive Tree on Friday evening (1 March) with five girlfriends. We were met by friendly staff who looked after us beautifully all evening. The food was amazing, probably the nicest calamari I have tasted in this country, followed by the lamb which melted in my mouth. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their various meals and the surroundings. All in all a lovely venue, great food (fun company) and a very enjoyable dining experience. Big thank you to SImon too for his generous gesture ....not necessary but totally enjoyable and very much appreciated!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had a business lunch meeting at the lovely olive tree and we found the atmosphere just right. It was busy but not too noisy. The level of service was perfect so we found we were not waiting to long for food but not pestered. The food was top class, very fresh and lots of seasonal choices on the special board. I will be returning again, next time with my wife!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Service was friendly + efficient, menu small but perfectly formed, food cooked bang on - steaks and fish, pudding great flavours - subtle but delivered.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

we turned up without a reservation and were very well looked after - food was great (recommend the fish and all the puddings!) and staff were really nice without being fussy. A good evening for date night or with friends.