1,452 results
All reviews the executive lounge cricket ground pitch view eforea spa lakeside bar cricket fan lake view golf course cricket stadium cricket match spa cafe lovely hotel main restaurant walk in shower lovely room car park stayed here for one night
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a child free spa weekend.
The hotel overall was a good experience.
Spa was lovely, clean and staff were friendly, polite and organised. Treatments were lovely. Spa cafe was very cold.
Food in both Beefys and the spa cafe was lovely. Good choice and staff both friendly and helpful.
Rooms were lovely, with big comfy beds and clean bathrooms.
We had phoned several times to confirm our booking, ensuring we had 2 twin rooms to which we were assured. 1 room was twin and 1 was a double - not too much of a concern for us but potentially could have been for others.
Had ordered prosecco and strawberries for rooms but none were placed until we had pointed this out.
Breakfast was good, lots of choice and range of foods. Just didn’t appreciate a staff member helping herself too a handful of food whilst on duty! Especially using her hands to grab it, and eat it in the breakfast area.
Overall an good stay, would go back for another stay, just wish it had had the finishing touches as promised.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Taters_K
AngelaW3746, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton at The Ageas Bowl, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton at the Ageas Bowl. We appreciate your positive comments. I apologise that the 'finishing touches' were not in place prior to your arrival and your comments with regards to the staff member have been noted and forwarded to management.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future and I would be delighted if you would contact me personally with the details of your visit so I can ensure that you have a pleasant and enjoyable stay.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed August 11, 2018

The room rates to stay whilst the England test match is on are doubled to approximately £400 per night.
However for a room with a balcony overlooking the pitch we considered this to be ok as a special trip & a one off.
The hotel has 2 restaurants BEEFY’S (Ian Botham) steak restaurant & a casual sports bar. We were really looking forward to trying Beefy's as the whole point of this visit was for the cricket so to try Ian Botham’s restaurant was another attraction. We assumed it would be very busy for the test match so thought it sensible to telephone to make a reservation for dinner in BEEFY’S.
We were therefore shocked to be told by the restaurant manager that the restaurant is booked for the 4 nights of the match for a ‘private function’.
This leaves only the sports bar to cater for the rest of the hotel guests & we were advised that you cannot book to eat there, it is purely on a ‘first come first served basis’.
We were also told we could have room service or research local area for other places to eat! What great service!!!!
Needless to say totally unimpressed. Charge double for half the facilities.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank TonyandLee
Reviewed August 9, 2018

Stayed one night in May after a wedding. The room in the hotel was not bad, but considering the price and the fact it was newly-ish refurbed I was expecting a bit more than what we had. The car park is too small to host a wedding (potentially 2 weddings) and a golf tournament for I struggled to get a space at 8am on a Sunday morning. Breakfast was really good. However, the organisation and the execution of the wedding was not up to standard, especially considering what the bride & groom and her parents had paid for. Staff did not turn up to set up the tables on time, the wrong food was offered to those who had dietary requirements; the wrong drinks handed out on arrival and not to mention that there was a mis-match of baby cham and champagne glasses for the wedding breakfast. Whilst the food was absolutely stunning, as well as the canapes, there were too many things that the venue failed to do. There were and still are multiple stains in the carpet, we noticed this on the day, I have seen reviews that still state this and I recently attended a wedding fayre where there were even more stains than I had noticed before. It is concerning that this venue struggled to consistently offer the things they were supposed to. I wouldn't recommend having a wedding or reception here as the bridal party were rushed off their feet for the majority of the day due to the hotel's failing to actually achieve what they were paid to do.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jess F
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Went to see a 20/20 match last friday and had a very good time with a very well located room. However the room itself(110) had stained carpets, no bottled drinking water (keep in mind the very hot weather), no fridge and inadequate toiletries. The tea making kettle had a brown liquid in it. I went down to reception to complain and was assured that all problems would be rectified but no one turned up.
Very disappointed with the hotel service. Not the usual service provided by Hilton as I have used this hotel previously.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Guram5

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton at the Ageas Bowl and I am disappointed to learn that on this occasion you encountered a few issues. I am sure you are aware that Hilton hotels pride themselves on high levels of service and hospitality. I apologise that even though you contacted reception, that the issues were not resolved. Your comments have been forwarded to the Front of house manager and to housekeeping.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future and I would be grateful if you would contact me directly, so I can ensure that your stay is a pleasant and enjoyable one with no issues.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Stayed one night in May on our way to a cruise holiday. We left our car in car park. Lovely room, clean and comfortable, staff friendly and efficient. Breakfast was the best breakfast I have ever had at an hotel. Great stay.

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank terryann H
Angela W, Journey Ambassador at Hilton at The Ageas Bowl, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey following your recent stay at The Hilton at the Ageas Bowl and for your positive scoring, feedback and comments. I will pass on your comments about the room and breakfast to the relevant staff.
I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and we very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel again soon.

Journey Ambassador