“Food Great, Entertainment Poor”
Review of Merchants Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Merchants Bar & Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a family ran Restaurant and Bar, offering a section of Steak and Seafood menus. Based in Ocean Village Marina, Southampton. Check out our web site to see the latest offers and events. Thank you for your interest John & Mandy
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Went there New Years Eve and the food was lovely.
However the entertainment consisted of a lady who sang around 6 songs(although very well)
The rest of the time, was a guy who I think was the manager singing what can only be described as kareoke.
We paid good money for a professional singer, and were very let down!
Also found the place very clickly, everyone seemed to know everyone

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Thank you to the team at Merchants, we had a wonderful evening there in December, great food and atmosphere, fabulous live music from Lou Taylor. We were part of the Basepoint group. Very impressed with the service and the staff really got into the spirit.

1  Thank EventMaker
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Our work Christmas party was held here and we had the place to ourselves. I can't fault the food which was traditional Christmas fare, the food and plates steaming hot - very unusual when serving over 100 people. The only thing I wasn't so keen on was the entertainment, a duo which I found a bit cheesy and dated, would have preferred a disco. Overall it was a good night.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Both my husband and I have been to this resteraunt many times the food is excellent and the service second to none both Mandy and John make everyone so welcome and make their night special.
We have travelled all over the world and eaten in first class resteraunts so I find it unbelievable the comments that have been made about this establishment please go and try it the soul nights are amazing, and so is the service and a must is the fillet steak.
Both my husband and I feel the bad comments must be from people who are not accustomed to going out and having a good time and are just professional morners!!!!!

1  Thank sgreg
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was the third New Years' Eve that my wife and I have spent at Merchants and I have to say that each one gets better and better. The entertainment last night was first class and the food delicious. We both ordered the fillet steak as our main course and this was cooked to perfection. The friendly, professional staff led by Mandy the extremely hard working, welcoming manageress helped create a truly amazing atmosphere and all that I can add to this review is roll on next year.

1  Thank John G