“Good first experience.”
Review of Merchants Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Merchants Bar & Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a family ran Restaurant and Bar, offering a section of Steak and Seafood menus. Based in Ocean Village Marina, Southampton. Check out our web site to see the latest offers and events. Thank you for your interest John & Mandy
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Our work Christmas party was held here and we had the place to ourselves. I can't fault the food which was traditional Christmas fare, the food and plates steaming hot - very unusual when serving over 100 people. The only thing I wasn't so keen on was the entertainment, a duo which I found a bit cheesy and dated, would have preferred a disco. Overall it was a good night.

There are newer reviews for Merchants Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Both my husband and I have been to this resteraunt many times the food is excellent and the service second to none both Mandy and John make everyone so welcome and make their night special.
We have travelled all over the world and eaten in first class resteraunts so I find it unbelievable the comments that have been made about this establishment please go and try it the soul nights are amazing, and so is the service and a must is the fillet steak.
Both my husband and I feel the bad comments must be from people who are not accustomed to going out and having a good time and are just professional morners!!!!!

1  Thank sgreg
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was the third New Years' Eve that my wife and I have spent at Merchants and I have to say that each one gets better and better. The entertainment last night was first class and the food delicious. We both ordered the fillet steak as our main course and this was cooked to perfection. The friendly, professional staff led by Mandy the extremely hard working, welcoming manageress helped create a truly amazing atmosphere and all that I can add to this review is roll on next year.

1  Thank John G
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Booked restaurant for my mums bday and manageress treated everyone like kids, even shouting at guests!

Shouldn't be in this industry if can handle it!

Reviewed December 15, 2012

This was our main Christmas work party,it was full with various other party's, the staff coped well but the food was dreadful. I've had better food in a cafe.
That was disappointing but there was worse to come YES the gay camp entertainment for the night made his appearance.After 30 minutes we all decided enough was enough and left, never again.

1  Thank 765Dave