Found this B&B on Tripadvisor, had brilliant reviews so thought we would try it when next visiting friends in Southampton. Big Mistake!
1. On our arrival the landlady took ages to open the door and it was raining - hard.
2. Asked for quiet room - next to dining room which meant that we were awake with the first guest regardless.
3. On sitting on bed - sitting that is not lying - bottom instantly met the base, therefore had two awful nights' sleep.
4. Rust and beginnings of mildew in shower room.
5. Somebody must have blown a fuse because when we arrived back at the place, the only working electricity was the main light, no possibility of having a hot cup of anything, reading in bed or being able to go to the toilet without a torch.
6. No apology given for loss of power when we queried this at breakfast.
7. Poached egg yolks were hard.
8. I don't know who they buy their butter and jams from but they were virtually flavourless except for the blackcurrant jam.
9. Bread tasted as though it had been made with flour and semolina due to the texture.
10. Exceedingly strange decor which made the room even darker than it would naturally have been.
11. One of the ceiling lights must have been blown and had been replaced by a BLUE bulb!
12. No tissues in room and no serviettes at the breakfast table.
I am asked if I would recommend this place to a friend and I have to say that I would not be much of a friend if I did.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Argyle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.