“Excellent Budget Hotel”

Days Inn Southampton Rownhams
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Southampton
Reviewed March 18, 2013

A one night stay here whilst visiting friends in Southampton. The Hotel is located on the motorway, so it is a bit of a mission to get into the centre of Southampton but for meeting friends its ideal and met all my needs.

The check inn staff were excellent. I arrived at 9am and whilst I could not check in, they sorted out free parking for my car for the day and next day, whilst I went off walking. I also arrived on the access road instead of through the services and this was no trouble and they let me through.

The room is basic but you would expect that for a budget hotel. The bed is soft but sleeping here on my own its no problem, however with someone I could see that there would be a problem. I also really appreciated the free wifi here as well. Despite being on a motorway the room was quiet and I had a good night sleep.

Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the side away from the motorway.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Thanks for a great nights stay, everything was easy,requested very early check in and everything was ready when arrived at 10 am. The staff at check-in very helpfull ,and she did it with a lovely smile.Rooms are spacious.beds are comfortable,and very very clean!!!Highly recommend this hotel. This hotel is spotless and offers excellent value for money,Its really 2 stars only?????Mrs Brown

Room Tip: Very quiet and clean rooms
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Liliana G
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Location is perfect for a quick stopover - just off the motorway slip road. Large family room with cot & sofa bed already made-up for us. Friendly staff on arrival & CCTV covered parking area. Only negative was the soft bed.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 16taz
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I made a night stopover in this Hotel. It´s beside the motorway, with a small service area adjacent. Rooms are big, i think they are currently working on some improvements because my room was recently painted. The room cleaningness was good, so was the toilet. Flat screen TV and free WIFI worked great. On the other hand: they should improve urgently their beds, mine was really soft (felt like an old one) and not confortable. The service area food offer is McDonalds and a small restaurant i think it´s name is Road Chefs.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank David F
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Got to be one of the worse beds. The bed was so soft that we woke each other up with every movement and rolled into the middle. I inadvertently booked a twin room which the receptionist kindly changed to a double for us, wish I hadn't bothered. The staff are friendly and helpful. The free wifi is great. The shower was more like standing under a hose than a shower head. We stayed for convenience and payed full price, I expected it to be better than a Travelodge but it wasn't. Will find elsewhere another time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank susan-Ducis
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Situated on the M27 services just north of Southampton this was a good, clean and convenient stopover at Christmas.

Rooms, clean and tidy and reasonably sized. Usual options available at services just a short walk away. Good for us as they take dogs but do charge and provide no services.

Have free wifi, but it was very weak.

We were completely on our own on our stay, though reception is manned.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IanSimpson
Reviewed December 12, 2012

It was a pleasure staying after the room we had the nite before in converty the staff where very friendly even at haf 12 in the morning. Have told a lot of my freinds who travel to use you will be using u again. I was so happy with the room I left a little thank you note for.the cleaner. Thanks again for a good nite sleep

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank thomas w