1,843 results
All reviews privilege room high street central location the hotel car park town centre pre cruise stayed for one night good nights sleep full english cruise terminal dolphins wetherspoons port annex docks ship
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have just arrived home from a very enjoyable stay at this hotel, Staff very helpful and nothing seemed to much trouble to them. Breakfast was excellent, our room was on the first floor room 16 it was very specious i thought it was going to be noisey as it is next to the staff entrance but no they must employ very quiet staff. i would certainly use this hotel again if we were to stay in this area

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kimbrit2711
NBrailsford, General Manager at Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing you recent stay with us. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and will ensure your kinds words are shared with the team and they ensure they continue to be quiet when starting and finishing work!

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin hotel very soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed the night before a17 days cruise,Dinner (excellent) bed and breakfast and parking for the car for 14 days (extra £16 for the extra 3 days)....Total cost £180,00 secure car park at hotel less than parking at ship side.Taxi arranged to and from ship,all so easy. Room was good,all mod cons and pleasant staff.

Room Tip: Rooms at rear are quieter
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
NBrailsford, General Manager at Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel for your pre cruise stay.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Nice looking hotel from the outside giving the appearance of an old coach house. The room we had was clean and roomy with most mod cons. But in common with the majority of other hotels nowadays the Hotel only has thin cheap towels.The room was equipped with a small fan next to the bed but did not have air conditioning which whilst not vital would have made it just that bit better especially as it was one of the warmest weekends of the year. The hotel is located on the High Street in an area of bars and clubs but at no time did we feel uncomfortable or bothered by their clientele and we certainly could not hear them from our room even though we stayed at weekend in the height of summer. The stay and the staff were pleasant enough and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us

We appreciate your feedback and hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed on business, mid week, generally ok. Room extremely warm and was offered an extra fan and advised to leave my window open on a ground floor room.

Just after 11pm I reported a very strong smell of Cannabis from an opposing room for which the night porter immediately attended. I assume it was dealt with as the following morning the smell was not present.

My issue is not that I hold the hotel responsible for the event but I have since called the hotel and requested a call from the Manager to discuss these issues. To date I have received no feed back, call or apology.

Would have expected a call at the very least.

Room Tip: First time I have stayed at this hotel and would stay again.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
NBrailsford, General Manager at Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and time on the telephone to discuss your stay with us here at The Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel.

Once again I would like to assure you such incidents are not common place at the hotel and the way in which your concerns have been dealt with, will be addressed with my team.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very well located with an easy walk to the shopping centre & IoW ferries. Good value. We paid £59 plus £4 for parking & only booked two days before. Clean well equipped, compact but adequate sized room, nothing view, friendly staff.
Bit of a labyrinth, is a conversion of several buildings so many fire doors & changes of level.
We went out for breakfast, there are several cafes nearby. Full English breakfast booked the night before costs £10 a significant reduction on the full price of £15.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stuggyduggy
NBrailsford, General Manager at Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I was delighted you enjoyed your stay and will ensure your kind words are shared with my team.

We hope to welocme you back to the Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel in the future.

Kind regards