Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin
$110
$86
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7(Southampton)(Great Value!)
$99
$82
$111
$105
  • Pool
Highfield House Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
$56
$83
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
$73
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Southampton City Centre Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
$73
1,664 results
All reviewsprivilege roomhigh streetone way systemcruise packagecity centrethe hotel car parkoxford streetstayed here for one nightisle of wightfull englishgood nights sleepcruise terminaldolphinswetherspoonsportannexdocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Super hotel situated within walking distance from the main shopping area. Room was very comfortable and clean, varied complimentory tea and coffee with nice flapjacks. Hotel has a large car park situated at the back with a fee of £4 to use it which is quite reasonable. Breakfast is expensive at £13.95 (full english) so we went to Wetherspoons which is only less than a minutes walk and very cheap and varied open at 7am. Staff were very helpful and friendly, would use again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hayley G
NBrailsford, General Manager at Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us here at The Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel.

We really appreciate your feedback and were pleased ro read you enjoyed the flap jacks in the bedrooms!

I will ensure your kinds words are communicted with the team and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed one night prior to a cruise as a solo. Had great service from the reception/check in desk and was assisted to my cabin with my luggage. There were a couple of steps up and down on the way to the room on the first floor, so the help was very appreciated. Breakfast was choice of continental for 5.95 or full for 13.95 pounds if you didn't have it included with your booking. I did the continental which was plenty for me as it included cereal and yougurt, as well as juice, coffee and rolls, toast and croissants. Had a diet soda in the bar/lounge area which I found to be very pricey for the small size. My comment about personality conflict is due to a very modern style of sink in the bathroom as opposed to the traditional style of the rest of the areas. But the shower was good and hot and had good pressure. Did have a full tub while I prefer just a shower, but I know many like a tub. The room was well equipped with a hair dryer and a hot pot to make coffee or tea and some variety of these were available. I would stay there again if in the area.

Room Tip: My room was on first floor and faced the courtyard which did get a little noisy at one point. I did have the window open though.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank superrn_98
NBrailsford, General Manager at Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback following you recent stay with us here at The Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel.

Really pleased to read you enjoyed your stay, I will ensure all your feedback is shared with my team.

We hope to welcome you abck in the future.

Thanks again

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Staying overnight before a cruise. Location was great - a long walk to the dock, Close to historic sites, and local restaurants. Had enjoyable walk exploring the area near the hotel the day before the cruise.
Hotel staff very helpful.
Walk from bus station was tricky. Had to find elevator to get up the large hill. But able to walk from bus station to hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Cruise-visit
NBrailsford, General Manager at Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing you recent stay with us, I was delighted to read you enjoyed your visit and will ensure your kind words are communicated to my team.

We hope to welcome you back to the Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin hotel, before your next cruise departure.

Kind regards

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed here for the bank holiday weekend in May and found the location was its best asset. The room was okay, food okay and staff okay, but nothing more than okay.

The weather was fantastic so I didn't spend too much time in the hotel but of an evening when I returned the staff seemed disinterested, more engrossed in the TV and the snooker than me and my family.

Overall it was again okay but if I have a choice I would either go back to the Jurys Inn or go to the Premier Inn

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review your stay here at the Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel.

I am sorry to read there were elements of your stay that were not up to the high levels we deliver, this will be adddressed with my team and I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Be careful when first arriving by car as you can not get into the hotel car park from the front of the hotel (thanks sat-nav). Never having been to Southampton before, negotiating the roads and one way system to find the car park was a bit of an issue. I suggest you do a bit of research first.

However, once this minor obstacle was overcome the rest of our stay was great. The staff are friendly and helpful. We were put in a room, which although attached to the hotel, was infact opposite and sort of seperate. We can only assume that in a previous life they were servants quarters or similar. Staying in one of these rooms actually made the experience better as it was quirky.

Our room was of good standard, clean, tv, iron and board and all the usual immenities.

The hotel is right in the centre of Southampton. A 5 min walk to the harbour and ferries in one direction, and a 5 min walk to all the shops, bars and restaraunts in the other.. Part of our stay was to go the the Rose Bowl to watch the cricket and we needed to get to the central train station. There is a bus stop opposite the hotel with frequent services all over, and the bus service to the train station is free which was a welcome bonus!

We cannot comment on breakfast as never pay the always extortionate hotel prices. There is a Wetherspoons two doors up which opens at 7am and the breakfast in there was fine. There were also plenty of other independant cafe's nearby.

We loved Southampton and will return to explore futher. We would definately stay at the Mercure Dolphin and would like one of the annex rooms again.

Room Tip: Give the hotel bar a miss! Ordered two drinks and handed over a tenner to be told "thats not enough sir"... There are loads of places to get a drink within a 5 min walk.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
NBrailsford, General Manager at Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Guest

Thnak you for reviewing your stay with us here at the Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and were pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you attend a game at the Ageus Bowl.