My wife and I stayed at this hotel on17th September 2012
Hotel is in a good central position and the staff were very nice
The room was another matter
We arrived at 11pm the room was so hot it was impossible to sleep
We opened a window and used the fan in the room to cool it down this helped a little but still to hot.
We finally got to sleep at 3. 30 am
At 5am the fans of the kitchen were switched on I thought a jet was crashing into the room the sound was so loud
When we checked out I informed the reception of our less than restful night
They said on our next stay we would not be put in that room.
That was not my point, in my opinion no one should be put in that room it should be a store room
I was trying to give constructive criticism
I paid £99 to spend the night in a slow cooker
If you stay at this hotel do not have room over or near the kitchens
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin hotel is a stunning Grade II listed 4 star hotel located in the heart of Southampton - offering a modern and contemporary feel, while maintaining its traditional appeal. Perfectly located to explore the historic old town and walls, extensive shopping centre within walking distance and the perfect place to stay before and after your cruise with park and cruise packages available.Free Wifi available throughout the hotel.Privilege rooms now available. On site car parking available however there is a charge for this service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel Southampton
- Southampton Dolphin Hotel