Stayed at this hotel last year and that is the reason we stayed this year prior to a cruise.
Have to say we were dissapointed, check in was fine and room was ready at 1215 which was nice. However the rooms and in particular the bathroom badly needs decorating window in bathroom had paint peeling from frames also there was mould on the frame reccesses and also there was mould on the grab handles on the bath (but this is just down to bad room cleaning).
Also the shower over bath was useless could have had a better shower with a water pisitol !!
We booked in for BB and dinner, breakfast was ok but dinner was average service was very slow, after the main course we asked if we would like to see the swwet menu, yes please i said but after 20 to 25 min's the( head waiter i think) asked why or if we were waiting and i said we were still waiting to see the sweet menu, this he rectified and we ordered, he did appolgise when i signed the bill.
In the morning after breakfast and a bit of shopping we returned to the hotel to kill time before going to the cruise terminal we went into the lounge bar and were asked by the receptionist if we would like coffe yes please i replied she said ok i will get someone however this was at 1015 the coffe never showed up by 1130, by this time we had gone off the idea and had to leave the hotel. for the cruise terminal.
Would i stay here again? not unless the room and restaurant service is immproved.
If you use sat nav to arrive at the hotel you need to enter BACK OF THE WALLS and this will take you to the rear of the hotel and car park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin hotel is a stunning Grade II listed 4 star hotel located in the heart of Southampton - offering a modern and contemporary feel, while maintaining its traditional appeal. Perfectly located to explore the historic old town and walls, extensive shopping centre within walking distance and the perfect place to stay before and after your cruise with park and cruise packages available.Free Wifi available throughout the hotel.Privilege rooms now available. On site car parking available however there is a charge for this service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel Southampton
- Southampton Dolphin Hotel