1,779 results
All reviewsprivilege roomhigh streetcity centrethe hotel car parkpre cruisestayed for one nightcomfy bedfull englishcruise terminaldolphinswetherspoonsportannexdocksship
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Excellent hotel within a couple of minutes walking distance to the West Quay shopping centre in one direction and the excellent Kuit's Thai restaurant near the docks in the other. This was our second stay as my daughter is studing at Southampton Uni, cant beat theall round value. Already thinking of our next stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank deniseintheus
NBrailsford, General Manager at Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel very soon

Reviewed November 19, 2011

This hotel is a great option for business or leisure visitors who don't want another system-built modern hotel (of which there are many in Southampton).
The rooms are individual and different due to the age of this listed building. They have been carefully modernised, erring on the side of generous space in most cases and are comfortable and relaxing. The room rates are competitive for a 4-star hotel. The restaurant has an excellent menu and far better than all of the 3 and 4 star hotels which I tried while working in the city: healthy food freshly prepared. On one occasion the staff prepared me a meal late, after their official closing time. On another, an error in serving my dinner was put right in a generous way by the Manager the following day. I felt safe and welcome as a single female diner and resident.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
NBrailsford, General Manager at Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and will of course ensure your feedback is shared with my team. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel very soon.

Reviewed November 17, 2011

Fantastic location for Southampton shopping, our room on the ground floor although small was lovely and recently refurbished I think, but very hot during the night and we couldn't open the window fully being on the ground floor so had the fan provided on throughout the night.. Would probably ask for first floor next time.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
NBrailsford, General Manager at Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

Having stayed here twice before wAsnt sure what we were getting room wise... Previously had a massive front room that was really noisy and then a room in the annexe nice but compact!
We got room 102 all very nice lots of dips on the floor and I hadn't had a drink....
The heAt in the room and foyer was unbearable at times and this was with the window open! Some noise on the Sunday from wahoo but it was that or another sauna session. The bar service disappointing it was just all too much trouble and to close around u at 11pm is not exactly welcoming....especially as told to sit in the solarium oops sorry I meant foyer.
On our second day the towels were not changed, milk and tea not replenished...... Not good
Agree WIFI should be free and parking needs sorting. It was cheap and great location but needs to up it's game , but not too sure it will

• Stayed: November 2011
NBrailsford, General Manager at Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us, I appreciate your feedback and will ensure this is taken on board.

i hope you will choose to stay with us again here at the Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel in the future

Reviewed November 14, 2011

Rooms always clean + tidy, staff always helpful, the building is quite old some of the bathrooms can be very large or compact. The bar sometimes closes early before 11pm
The location on the high street is very good.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
NBrailsford, General Manager at Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcome you back to Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel in the future