“Pleasantly Surprised”
Review of Medbar

Medbar
Ranked #490 of 850 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Drink, Dine & Dance The Perfect Venue For Every Occasion Situated in the busy and historic Oxford Street, Medbar & La Penthouse restaurant brings a warm welcome and friendly service, whether you are here to enjoy a quick snack, lunch with friends or a Seafood or Meat feast for that special occasion. It's the perfect place to dine or drink, whether it be our vibrant bar or fabulous restaurant What makes us different to other restauants is our attention to detail and focus on quality. In all we do, from building a new restaurant to choosing our people and preparing our food, we are passionate about doing everything to the best standard possible. We have good looks with a warm and inviting ambience and have fantastic people, they are knowledgable and professional. We have fabulous food, carefully sourced and freshly cooked. Come and enjoy the great experience.
Southampton
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

After having read all the reviews on this restaurant I was a little apprehensive. However, I had a groupon voucher and myself and daughter went along and tried it out last Saturday night. We booked a table in the restaurant but ended up eating downstairs at one of the high tables, we chose to do this. Southampton had played Newcastle that afternoon and there was a great atmosphere in the bar area. Even the Newcastle supporters were in good form even though they had lost 4-0.I had mussels marinere and my daughter had pan fried haloumi for starters. As a positive criticism, personally I would say that there was too much cream and not enough wine in the mussels. The Haloumi was perfect. The Mezze Platter was good too. The paella, I must admit had a touch of heat to it. Now personally I think Paella should not be spicy. Overall the food was good and we will definitely come here again. The service was good and the staff were very friendly. Well done MedBar ...

1 Thank Jan P

uk
“Food good, service very good.”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Three of us had fish starters, whitebait, calamari and mussels. All very good. Suggest they provide a water bowl for hands with mussels though.
Mains were lemon chicken, kofta and a pizza. Generous portions and all very nice. Service brilliant. Waiter very attentive and pleasant.
Only little niggle was that atmosphere lacked due to not many diners on our visit.
Would I go back..yes. Value for money..average but portion sizes generous. All in all a pleasant experience

Visited March 2014
1 Thank ally2turner
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“£1.50 per prawn!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Cant say I was impressed. My other half had the king prawn starter at nearly £9 I was expecting somethingawsome, he recived a plate of 6 prawns, meaning it coast £1.50 per prawn! And the quality certaily didnt reflect that price. Our mains didnt improve and again for the price wasnt good enough. Wont be coming back.

4 Thank Linnetey
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Average at best”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Sorry, don't rate it at all. Really cannot understand why it has so many good reviews. Service was friendly but slow. Place lacked atmosphere and food was. ... average. ... That's all the enthusiasm I can muster for this review.

2 Thank skarlet59
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Unique restaurant and bar”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The quality of the food is top class and people need to experience the scene of this restaurant. when we finished our meal we went down stairs and the bar was packed and a DJ was playing. Dine and Dance such is a good mix !! One word unique.