“Disappointed”

Wild Lime
Ranked #648 of 846 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hungry? At wild lime we love our food and put tremendous care from start to finish. From the raw produce to the end product, we expect only the best from our vendors to ensure that you have the best meal possible. Thirsty? Enjoy one of our freshly made cocktails, or even two! Perhaps even a bottle of sparkling prosecco. Looking for a crazier night? We have shots for just a pound. Spend a lazy afternoon, a night out, or breakfast with us! We look forward to seeing you soon.
“Disappointed”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My daughter had eaten here with friends and had a nice meal so she was eager to share the Wild Lime experience with me. The place is nicely decorated and as we were having an early lunch there were plenty of empty tables. We ordered a sharing platter that sound interesting on the menu. Had quite a wait for the food to be delivered to the table considering there weren't many other people eating. When the food arrived it was fairly boring and dry. My daughter was disappointed that our lunch wasn't as good as the meal she had previously. Hence we will not be going there for lunch again

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank SotonGirl61

Southampton
“The Best Breakfast - All Day”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

If you want a funky cafe bar setting, large size then this is the place. Breakfast is served all day - note it's on the menu in two places with different names, so you have to pick it out!

The bar may make you feel small as it's raised, and they have some tall members of staff too which makes you feel even more tiny!

They have a good alcohol selection and some deals too. If you are having breakfast then the tea comes I n a very cute little tray and funky set up :)

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Nancy B
“Shockingly bad!”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

This is the first review I've ever given. That's how bad this place is.

The staff would rather chat and stand around rather than serve drinks, clear tables or take food orders. The food was disgusting.

When I did get served and my food arrived, I was told there weren't any normal size plates left so I was given a plate the size of a saucer. There were only 9 other people in there and not all having food! I'm guessing the capacity is about 80 people so where the hell were the plates!

Also I noticed that there was a bowl of salad at the end of the bar that the staff were using to garnish the food. They were handling dirty plates, cleaning cloths etc and then picking the salad out of the bowl to put on customer's plates WITHOUT WASHING THEIR HANDS!

The staff are friendly but here's a few tips:

1. Customers are priority, not chatting with other staff members

2. Maybe check back with me to see if I fancy another drink

3. If a customer asks for something like a sauce, get it straight away, don't finish setting up a table and then amble around to tidy some menus before eventually getting the sauce

4. Move quickly. I have never seen staff move so slowly. If you go to any other pub/restaurant, the bar staff are always in a hurry for the customer.

5. Once I have ordered the drinks, get them straight away and then I don't mind waiting a little. Don't tell the barman after a couple of minutes and allow him to take 5 more minutes to pour them (even though no one else was waiting for drinks), don't then finish a rather long winded conversation with other staff members before deciding to bring my poured drinks to my table.....it was painful to watch!

This bar has so much potential. The décor is fantastic and the staff are very friendly, just very wrapped up in their own little bubble.

This wasn't a one off, as I've been before and it was just as bad then.

I can only presume that any positive reviews of this place are made up.

This place is like Fawlty Towers without the bad attitude

• Visited December 2013
“Service very poor”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have been here 4 times now as I kept giving them another chance as I like the decor so much. However each time I have had terrible service. The first time it took over an hour to get our food and there were not even many people in the bar. I asked for Mayo the waitress forgot to bring it and I could not be bothered to ask again. The second time the service was just as bad.the staff would prefer to chat amongst themselves than help their customers. I went for the last time yesterday. The waitress took our order and then we did not get our drinks for a further 15 minutes- there was no one on the bar ( but please note there was not many customers either!!) we only got our drinks once I caught the eye of the waitress. We sat there waiting for our lunch and in the meantime another couple walked in. They soon walked out when no one came over to serve them. AGAIN PLEASE NOTE IT WAS NOT BUSY IN THE BAR! I would not recommend this place. It has such potential as the decor is lovely but the staff are not trained well , they have bad costumer service. I will say that once they do serve you they are nice but they spend more time chatting with each other ( including the manager) than attending to the customers. Go to Trago instead.

• Visited December 2013
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“Second visit, OK but not worth a special trip”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

On our second visit we were less impressed by this place. It still seems fresh and pleasant compared with its predecessor Varsity but the novelty of the lime-themed menu wears off and some of the food is average at best, particularly the heavy desserts. Service was also unreasonably slow this time. Won't be making a return trip any time soon.

• Visited October 2013