“Really great, easy, no fuss food. ”
Review of 7Bone Burger Co.

7Bone Burger Co.
Ranked #34 of 887 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 7Bone Burger Co servin' up American comfort food classics including our well hung (ahem) dry aged steak burger, very own smoked hot dog and the infamous picklebacks (shot bourbon w/ picklejuice), in a feel good atmosphere coupled with our top service. You gotta check us out!
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Have visited a couple of times now and have really enjoyed the food. Totally nails the burger bar experience with quality food and a relaxed, friendly, bustling vibe.

Don't understand some of the recent negative reviews. Several accounts with only one review, all slating 7 Bone? Hmmm, seems like someone has an axe to grind!

Good value, quick, easy, burger & fries. It's quite clear what sort of place it is - you either like that sort of food or you don't. For those that do, head on over and experience one of Southampton's better fast food restaurants. And try the Picklebacks. They are great!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

after seeing this company featured on a tv show one evening i decided to give it a try with my hubby and daughter. We walked into a very small place at 12.10 and already busy with tables placed awkardly and in the way of everywhere including getting to the bar to order. It was busy so no tables available so we sat at a very squashed small bar area. The staff are very pleasant but service is very slow and we watched a very organised chaos at times! We waited over 40 mins for two milkshakes (which also took him ages to make!) and a kids cheeseburger and two adult cheese and bacon burgers. They burgers are very pink in the middle and i didn't know this - if i did i would have asked for a well done burger! and the fries are "ok" and too huge a portion even for two people to share ! I wouldnt say the burgers were fantastic at all - to be honest i prefer ed's diner and the milkshakes at Ed's are better too! Another downfall was the delivery man trying to squash past us and everyone to deliver food and buns - surely they have a delivery goods entrance at the back of the buliding???? If not maybe they should surgest this to the management! I will not be returning as i also paid £25 for this very expensive lunch so in my opinion very overpriced!

1  Thank catbreezer1973
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Having watched the T.V show that this restaurant and it's owners were featured in,my husband and I decided to make the half hour trip to 7 Bone as we are huge real burger lovers. We arrived on Friday lunchtime about 15 mins after opening, it is a pity the restaurant wasn't as warm as the welcome we got, it was freezing and we had to keep our coats on. We were acknowledged straight away by a very charismatic member of staff with great hair, just the sort of staff member you want for this type of restaurant, confident and knowledgeable. We ordered a Prince Charles, a Winner Winner ( chicken burger ) Chilli Cheese Fries and Dirty Fries. We were informed by the waitress that the fries are large enough to share but my husband and I wanted to try the two different variations. I ordered wine which does not come by the glass, I had the half litre which came in a funky receptacle and cool glasses too which is a good touch. The restaurant started to become busier and thankfully warmed up a little. We did not have to wait long for our food but even if we had the burgers were worth the wait. The buns were spot on, the Prince Charles cooked to perfection and the chicken burger was a moist chicken breast in a light, tasty batter. The portion of fries was enormous, the chilli cheese fries a meal in itself ( and this is not made clear from the menu ) It was actually quite off putting, they could be half that size, it seems bad business sense to encourage people to share. I would rather have less fries and more topping especially with the dirty fries ( hardly any bacon ) On arrival we were told that there wasn't any hotdogs and then when we asked about pud we were told they were out of waffles. That is the only thing I wanted for pud and again I think it is bad business not to ensure you can deliver everything that your menu promotes when your restaurant has just been on prime time T.V. We would have spent more and this is another missed opportunity. We glimpsed " The owner with the awesome moustache " through the hatch and I really cannot believe that someone who has such an amazingly strong self image has not injected any of that personality into his restaurant. The decor and subsequent feel of the place is disappointingly lacking, it is as though the thought of creating a generic chain/brand has prevented the individualism that was initially promised. One idea that really worked for me is having kitchen roll on the tables rather than those useless napkins, when you are eating food like this that is exactly what you need! There was a really good mix of customers young couples, older couples, young families, groups of friends, workmen collecting take out, if this was my restaurant I would be doing everything I could to utilise this incredible demographic considering the menu is so small. My husband and I enjoyed the experience and will definitely return, I think their story is a real inspiration to people wanting to start a new business but I still feel frustrated that like so many things with only slight adjustments it could be so much better. My husband and I travelled from Lee-on-the-Solent where we live, a town that is crying out for a place like this, just a thought.

1  Thank Hannah M
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

I ended up here by chance. I was in Southampton on my own on a wet miserable day. My cousin had seen 7bone on 'The Restaurant Man' this week and suggested I give it a go. I arrived for a late lunch at 3pm expecting it to be quiet but I had to wait a few minutes for a table as it was buzzing. Once allocated a table, and given a menu, orders are then placed at the bar. I had a steak burger served with jalapeños, mustard and cheese (Peter Green on menu). The burger was slightly pink, hot, tasty, tender and juicy. Gorgeous. A real treat after previous disappointments with 'gourmet' burgers elsewhere. The bun was good ( much better than it looks in the picture). I also had seasoned fries which were disappointing as they lacked seasoning of any kind. I would absolutely go back given the chance but would ditch the seasoned fries And have an extra burger patty instead which would be the same price. The restaurant is quirky and staff friendly and helpful. My burger, fries and can of San Pellegrino lemonade came to £10. 50. Excellent value. One other slight issue reduced the star rating. Nothing to dry hands on in toilet.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

After a 40 min wait we were presented with the greasiest burger ever and top top it off it was falling to pieces. How is it even possible to make such a mess when creating a burger?

The bun was also covered with grease which made it impossible to eat.
as for the cheese !!! this is CLEARLY not a food product....
This concept will not last long as people will not return.

The chips were hollow and tasteless and again the worst chips I have ever eaten.
This slop cannot be classed as food and perhaps the owners want to spend some time reviewing how to make a burger as its not rocket science.

As for the decor , its not cool , its not chic its plain cheap and unfinished from the front of house to the mouldy damp toilets.

I would never have chosen to eat here as the local rat burger kebab shop it even better.
The staff also clearly do not care as who in their right mind would serve such rubbish in such an unpresentable manor.

I wonder what next serving food in a trough or dirty bucket!
We are humans not pigs !

4  Thank con232