“Greek takeaway + Portswood = Genuis!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sulas Greek Taverna

Sulas Greek Taverna
Ranked #6 of 840 Restaurants in Southampton
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are an informal little Greek Taverna in the heart of Portswood. Selling Traditional Greek Food including the ever popular Pita Gyros, Souvlaki, Homemade 200g Bifteki Burgers, Homemade Moussaka, Greek Salads and Meze. We serve Mythos and Wine. We pride ourselves on our warm welcome and quality products. Our food is all cooked fresh to order on the griddle so you can watch the chefs in action.We can seat approx 40 people in our combined areas and large party bookings are welcome by prior arrangement. We accept orders via collection for takeaway.
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Greek takeaway + Portswood = Genuis!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

Finally, someone has had the ingenious idea to open up a Greek takeaway in Southampton! Serving authentic Greek gyros and the classic moussaka, Sula's is the hippest new place to be in student central Portswood, and makes a refreshing change from fried chicken and kebabs. The staff are so friendly you'll end up spending longer here than in most takeaways, giving the place a homely, restaurant feel with quick service and budget prices - the best of both worlds! I'm determined to try everything on the menu (I've heard excellent things about the burgers.) Would definitely recommend staying around for dessert - their baklava with ice cream and chocolate sauce (they call this addition the "English touch"!) is the best I've ever tasted. Spread the word - Sula's is THE place to eat in Portswood!

• Greek first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

I had been curious about this place for a while but never got round to visiting, until yesterday. I wasn't really sure what to expect, and bored of the other eateries Portswood has to offer decided to have a browse of Sula's menu. Before I knew I was confronted by one of the friendliest business owners I have ever met, who one by one went through everything they have to offer. I went for the chicken gyros meal, which comes with a salad, a drink and chips.

My meal was fresh, authentic, flavoursome: well presented and served in good time. The side salad had abundances of olives and feta, and the gyros was a taste sensation. I was pleasantly surprised and quite simply amazed: and having heard that you can BYOB I'll most definitely be back very soon!

1 Thank Lyndon N
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Authentic Greek food, quality mediterranean feel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

I have visited Sula's a number of time, and find myself always going back. The food is fresh and wonderfully cooked, with choices ranging from gyros to mousaka and topped with a freshly ground coffee. The staff and owners are helpful and friendly, and clearly care about the dish they set in front of you. I hope they do extremely well.

Visited December 2013
“A true taste of the Mediterranean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

Love the food, always fresh and cooked to perfection, great value for money and wonderful service! Definitely our favourite treat!! Lots to choose from on the menu and also they provide a takeaway service. Highly recommend and also child friendly too!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Layne S
Southampton, United Kingdom
“I can't wait for my next trip to Sula's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

Following a recommendation from one of our housemates, we headed down to Sula's for a group meal. I wasn't sure what the restaurant would be like but all of my expectations were shattered. The service was some of the friendliest I've ever seen and it's clear that the staff at Sula's are truly, madly in love with the food they're serving. The food itself is delicious and authentic - it certainly left us wanting more (not that the generous portions left us room for another bite!)

We can't wait to try other dishes on the menu and plan to be regular visitors!