“Good if everything open!”

Active Nation - The Quays Swimming & Diving Complex
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Southampton, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Good if everything open!”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We have been here many times and sometimes it's better than others. Can be good if everything is open and running.
There is a leisure pool with fountains and water guns. Leisure pool slopes in gently and doesn't get too deep so safe for young children. The lazy river is poor compared to other lazy rivers I have experienced, it hardly moves at all and is very small.
My son loves the slides and flume but these are often not open due to staffing levels so it is advisable to check before going if you are wanting those attractions.
There is a Jacuzzi wish is nice but I would like it warmer, it is same temperature as the pool water but I thought Jacuzzis were meant to be nice and warm like a bath.
They have a fit pool where they offer lane swimming for those who wish to swim undisturbed.
There is another pool with a movable floor so it can be a learner pool or diving pool but both these seem to be for lessons only.
I would have given it 4 stars if it weren't for the fact that you can't rely on everything being open, on one occasion all slides and one of the main pools were shut due to lessons. But that aside it is a good place to spend a couple of hours and have some fun.

Visited April 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Very bad customer experience. Avoid if possible”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Was visiting the area with my family to enjoy a 2 day break at pepper pig world, we decided to Take my son for a swim before heading back to the theme park for the 2nd day. Looked up pools in the area was pleased to find this it LOOKED brilliant, slide, diving boards etc,etc. their website shows 3 or 4 phone numbers however on a few occasions I tried ringing not once did anyone answer on any of the numbers! (poss very lazy staff?) Basically we just turned up hoping for the best but encountered the worse, u have to pay to park the car outside and i guess they refund you? walking in my son was very impressed by the blue slide. The lady at the desk then informed me that the pool was not open to the public for about a hour and then disappeared to a office for a few mins only to return and break the news that "due to staffing levels" the slide will not be in use at all throughout the whole day. I asked if we could use the diving boards but were informed no as this is a high risk sport we would if needed lessons (even to have a quick play on the really low ones). Im Guessing they refund your parking if your a customer but we obviously didn't get one so got ripped off for 2hrs pay and display parking and had to leave with a upset young son. Popped in gents on exit was rather tatty with flaking paint and a rather used look and smell! Notes to management. Tell reception a smile costs nothing, get your staffing levels sorted so you are not turning away customers who would love to enjoy your slide, pay someone to do a propper job of cleaning the toilets and most of all ANSWER THE PHONE !!!! my whole experience could of been avoided with a quick chat on phone to find out its all shut/not working or not allowed on without a lesson. Waste of time, left disappointed

Visited September 2013
13 Thank Wey345
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The slides weren't working on the day we went, the staff were polite but not particularly helpful. The pool was cold, crowded and the water guns/fountain came on with no warning, not great experience for little ones . The female changing rooms were filthy , rubbish on the floors, matted hair and dirty nappies on the benches . Changing cubicles were dirty with ants. I started to complain to the staff on reception but was told to go fill out a comments form, and was pointed in the general direction but not shown, couldn't find the comments card, so left feeling very disappointed and unclean. Won't be hurrying back there again. Not good value for money.

Visited July 2013