“Powerboat level 2”

Solent Boat Charters & Training
Ranked #4 of 27 Tours in Southampton
More attraction details
Owner description: Solent Boat Charters & Training offer luxury yacht charter, speedboat rib hire, jet ski safari and RYA training courses catering for private parties, celebrations and corporate marine events including Cowes Week. Based in Southampton marina we explore the Solent and waters around the Isle of Wight. Our fleet of boats are available in Southampton, Hamble, Portsmouth, Cowes, Yarmouth & Lymington.
Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Powerboat level 2”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I took the course in October after booking it at the Southampton boat show. Nothing was too much trouble for everybody involved. Free parking and overnight accommodation on a luxury motor yacht. My instructor was very professional, friendly and knowledgeable and provided excellent and enjoyable instruction. I would highly recommend this course.

Visited October 2013

London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Best on the market for charters and training”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I’ve had one to one training, VHF radio training and Powerboat training with the SBC team.
Having trained with other companies prior to them, I can say with experience they are the best in class.

They are conveniently based right in the heart of Southampton at Ocean Village Marina.
You will find them in a smart modern building with door step parking, which is just what you need to get through your classroom days! Once you have knocked yourself out with your theory work, it takes seconds to get on the water for some practical experience as their classrooms and boats are located right in the marina.

When you are ready to hire a boat and go skippered or bareboat, you will be pleased to know they can accommodate you with that too. They have an excellent fleet of well equipped boats for hire at prices you will literally find impossible to beat.

Five stars from me, I simply can’t recommend them highly enough.

Visited December 2013
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We hired Matthew and his team along with Moonlight for a client thank you event in October last year. I have to say from our point of view it was fantastic and our customers loved it! Matthew and his staff were perfect, they were attentive and professional but also mixed brilliantly with our clients adding to the experience. The boat was beautiful and an ideal setting. The champaign breakfast was great and looked brilliant on arrival. The on board buffet looked and tasted amazing and was more than enough for the 12 of us on the boat! The trip itself was great fun and the stop in the New Forest just added further to the day. We will be looking to make this an annual event, and are looking at hiring them for a staff day. Plus i will def be looking to hire Moonlight personally in he summer as it would be just as successful for a personal day as it was for a client event.
David Waters. Barclays Premier Banking.

Visited October 2013
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A weekend bareboat charter”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I chartered Gemini for a weekend sailing with work colleagues in the Solent. The boat was in excellent condition, clean and well equipped. The briefing and hand-over by Beau was straightforward. The Bavaria 37 is a good-sized boat; even with 8 aboard it did not feel over-crowded although 6 might be a more comfortable crew.

We had a triffic weekend and I thnk this was probably the best chartering experience in the Solent I have enjoyed. We will be back in 2014.

Visited September 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
“RYA VHF Course”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Went along to this course with my 17 year old son. The facilities were great and the instructor knew his stuff.

The SBC crew were all very approachable and easy going and this along with the relaxed atmosphere in the spacious offices meant the whole day just flew by.

Visited December 2013