“Top Draw and friendly”

Number 10 Self Catering
Beds
“Top Draw and friendly”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed hear from a few days this week. Very nice rooms and facilities , immaculately clean and tidy, and everything working as it should! The owners were both very friendly and even allowed us to have breakfast at their B&B opposite. For those who look for a definitive , would I recommend this as a self catering venue? Yes! I do not honestly think you will find better.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
St. Helier, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My stay at Number 10 was for 5 weeks and it really felt like a "Home from Home". Mark and Andy do everything to make your stay really comfortable. The whole place is spotlessly clean, beautifully decorated and furnished. The kitchen has everything you need, your own store cupboard and plenty of fridge space, 2 cookers and hobs and a dishwasher! Together with an excellent laundry room. My stay was because my husband was in hospital for several weeks and Number 10 is on a very good bus route. When my husband came out of hospital he joined me for 2 weeks before we were allowed to return home to Jersey and the accommodation was perfect for his needs. Mark even supplied additional heating so he was not cold. Thank you to Mark, Andy and Zoe for making our stay one to remember.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Shirley B
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I moved to Southampton for work and needed somewhere to live for a few months whilst sorting out permanent accommodation.
Mark at No 10 made me feel welcome, gave me a map and information about the city. The accommodation was always clean, and the kitchen had all the essentials.
Made settling in really easy. Would definitely recommend to all.
Andrew

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Milford on Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Had a 2 night stay in the self contained unit with private kitchen and small private garden (the other rooms share kitchens).
Good quality accomodation, though the distressed furniture isn't really my taste. The kitchen was well equipped with oven, fridge, micro & dishwasher. Washing up liquid, cloths and dishwasher tabs are all provided so you're ready to go as soon as you walk in. The owners run the Mayfair B&B across the road and are on hand to help out if you have a problem. Everything was spotless including the kitchen - felt quite guilty about cooking!
The beds in this unit are twin and comfortfortable; when we stayed it was very quiet. The bathroom was excellent great shower.
A big plus is the off road parking - not all the B&Bs in this location are equally blessed. The location is excellent - a 15 minute walk takes you into the centre of town & the theatre is even closer. If I have to make a criticism, it would be that we both a tad cold - I'm sure Mark would have supplied a heater if we'd asked, but never got round to it.
Overall, strongly recommended for those who prefer to self cater.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Terence K
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed just one night on a B&B basis as the sister property The Mayfair directly across the road was booked up, while on a boating weekend. Super bargain rate at a little over half the cost of the likes of the chains and a far nicer and bigger room, a tasty breakfast (taken at The Mayfair again) just a fiver. Free parking directly outside the front door and own key to come and go from seeing the delights of Southampton at leisure. Really good free wifi provision as well. Had a look at the kitchen and laundry room that those staying a couple of weeks use, seemed really well fitted out. Was close to the train station too and when we called a cab to take us to the main town centre it came in about two minutes and cost just £4.50, so must have been reasonably close to the centre. Next time I'm in Southampton I won't bother checking the rest I'll just check here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Being in Southampton for just a couple of months for professional reasons I didn't want to rent a flat. But I didn't need somebody to cook me a full English breakfast every morning either. So self-catering seemed perfect.
This place appears pretty new and is freshly and beautifully refurbished to high standards.
I've stayed in a room without en-suite (it does, however, have a sink). My room was very spacious with high ceilings and large windows. The bed was big and comfortable. I felt right at home. I think there might be one other room without en-suite and those two rooms share two bathrooms. So effectively there's one for each room. So no queue in the morning. The other rooms are en-suite I believe. It's self-catering but the room gets cleaned daily.
Obviously there's free wifi.

The kitchen is big and has everything one needs for self-catering, including dishwasher, two cookers, kettles, a microwave and plenty of crockery/cutlery. There's a washing machine, iron board and iron.
Conveniently there's off street parking.
The price (£32/n) for my room seems very reasonable for what I got in return. There might be a discount for those who stay for longer periods. Best to check with the very accommodating owner, Mark.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hillsborough, New Jersey
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed at Number 10 - as The Mayfair was booked. We were in Southampton prior to the sailing of the NCL Breakaway. The en suite that we had was great -- good size bedroom-comfortable bed and good size bath. Kitchen at Number 10 was great -- can see why one who has to stay in area for a length of time would like this as a home away from home. Mark and Andy could not have been nicer -- making sure that our stay was great. We were able to have breakfast in the morning at The Mayfair - excellent meal. We wanted to tour the area and Mark was able to put us in touch with a tour guide who was great..Loved the area and would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple