“Really fantastic Thai restaurant in Southampton”

Leelawadee Thai Restaurant
Ranked #101 of 894 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Had a lovely meal at Leelawadee last week with my boyfriend and my parents. The service was fantastic as was the food - I had a seafood curry. The scent of kaffir lime leaves as my dish was placed in front of me transported me back to lovely, sunny Thailand. Brilliant. Highly recommended!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Amazing food. Starters were so tasty and fresh. The phad Thai chicken was out of this world and so was the beef massamann curry. Service was brilliant and so friendly. Really nice modern restaurant but with an authentic Thai atmosphere. We will definitely be returning time and time again.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I went here after being recommended by a friend, and I am really glad I did. The food was really good (especially recommend the spicy seafood stir-fry) and the price was very reasonable. I would most definitely go here again. The service was very friendly and welcoming also. Top notch place!!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I chose to visit after reviewing trip advisor and I'm really glad I did. The restaurant was empty (tuesday evening, 7:00 ish) so I can't comment on what it may be like on a busy service, but the food was beautiful, especially the seafood soup. The eat Thai soup I've ever eaten. The waitress was courteous and the price very reasonable. I'll be bringing my girlfriend back when I visit Southampton next month.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

My first visit after reading all of the reviews. We normally go to Kuti's Thai Pier, but thought we would try this as it had a completely different menu. The restauarant is quite compact, having two dining rooms separated by a corridor. We were led to the rear room. The staff were very nice and attentive, drinks reasonably priced and the food was good. To get a 5 star rating from myself it has to be faultless, in this case there were minor niggles that can't be ignored. The decor was shall we say in need of some TLC, the background music was odd, (a mixture of C&W, Spanish and french cafe music) and the hot plates were brought out and left to go cold before the main course arrived. As it we all had our own main dishes so left them in the bowls they were delivered in. However, we very much enjoyed the evening, the staff were very friendly and it was good value, and we will go again.