“Simply the best!”

Royal India
Ranked #295 of 847 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Simply the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

What an excellent restaurant with fabulous food and equally brilliant service. Joydip is an excellent host .... so friendly and keen to please. Thanks for a lovely evening ..... highly recommended.

• Visited December 2012
5 Thank Ange1944

“Simply the best Indian cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Happy & friendly place with wonderful food & an accommodating chef who was happy leave coriander out of my food as I hate. Had a wonderful time & ate until we nearly popped. Highly recommend

5 Thank Nostawaj
“Do not go, honestly the worst curry me and my girlfriend have tasted.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

This curry spoilt my Saturday night. The chicken madras was not very hot and the taste was so so. The onion bhajees and veg samosas tasted doughy and perfumed. I also nearly broke my tooth on the naan extremely hard and can not be fresh! I eat Indian curry regularly and this has been mine and my girlfriends poorest yet by a mile. Asda's curries are better! Do not waste your money.

4 Thank Anonymoussaint
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food & service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Food was absolutely brilliant, best Indian I've had in the whole of Southampton. The service was fantastic, very attentive and polite. Great atmosphere; had a brilliant night. Will definately revisit for a sit down meal or take away very soon.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank S_Bar186299
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Ordered a delivery at 8pm, was told that it would be 40 minutes to an hour!!!!!! I rang them at 21.30 to find out where our food was, they said its on its way (shop is 10 minutes away from my house) Rang them again at 22.00 as I still had no delivery!!!!! Will not use them again. I asked for a discount but they were unable to do it for me. I would love to comment on the food but I'm still waiting for it!!!!