“Fabulous ice cream, not so fabulous service!”

Sprinkles Gelato Ltd
Ranked #3 of 11 Dessert in Southampton
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sprinkles Gelato serving fresh Gelato, Coffee, Tea, Waffles, Crepes and a whole lot more. Come on in and treat yourself :)
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Fabulous ice cream, not so fabulous service!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The ice cream here is fabulous - my personal favourite being the salted caramel, but you do often have to queue a while to be served (even in the middle of winter!).
It does get very busy in here, and if you want to sit down, you either tend to have to get lucky, or wait a while - which isn't ideal if you've ordered a sundae or waffles, which come and you have nowhere to sit down to eat it! The staff aren't particularly helpful either, they have never made the effort to help you find a seat (even when there are large groups who have clearly finished that are just waiting around).
I would recommend coming for an ice cream to eat on the go - try some of the hundreds of flavours of ice cream they have - there is a huge range, and they change it most days, so there is nearly always something new to try! If you're coming for a sit down treat, make sure you get a table before you order!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Lucy H

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Nice place but terrible customer service”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We visited sprinkles having heard great things and one of us previously enjoying a visit there with good ice cream. However unfortunately we did not have a great experience this time. We ordered our food and waited. My boyfriend got his food first and it was good. I then got a banana split. I noticed that it had blue ice cream. I know most people would think cool, blue ice cream but I am allergic to artificial colourings and so my first thought was that it could have colourings in it. I took it back and explained why I wasn't sure if I could have it due to my allergy and could they tell me whether the coloured ice cream had artificial colourings in it. The guy said he wasn't sure but couldn't give me a replacement. I explained that if I had known it would have blue ice cream I would not have ordered it! He said it says blue ice cream on the menu but it didn't and when he checked it still didn't! I offered to just get a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream as a replacement and he said no. He said he would check with someone about the colours, cam back and said the syrup doesn't have colours but then in the next sentence said that it might. So.... I paid nearly £6 for something I couldn't have, was spoken to rudely and not offered an alternative or my money back, so I left. I don't like to write a bad review but I was really disappointed and still to this day don't know if their coloured ice cream has artificial colourings in it not!

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank Starz381
“Love it once you can get in!!!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

The ice cream and the waffles are really good, however, as much as I love going here, it is absolute chaos to get a table. The staff don't seem to be able to control the flow of tables, and instead just try to serve everyone as soon as possible resulting in sometimes you having to eat a plate of waffles standing up!!! If I could suggest something it would be to make it table service for dining in, then you wouldn't have the sometimes fight for tables going on between customers! However, the food and milkshake s are delicious and I will definitely go back, but for take away only!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Lola L
“The ice cream is so good that you soon forget the queue!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Have yet to come here and not queue, but the ice cream is really good, so doesn't put us off. New flavours to try today,although most of the family stuck to their usual favourites! You'll need to park the car, for obvious reasons!, but luckily the car park just behind has the first 5 hours for free .... Not that even their biggest cornet would take that long to devour!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Anthony S
Emsworth, United Kingdom
“Good but could be better...”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

This place is a victim of its own success.. It is way too busy and you constantly feel cramped in.. The constant queueing outside is slightly off putting but once we found a seat outside it was a little better.

So it took about 15 minutes to be served and we were all set for the two sundaes to be brought to our table.. 45 minutes later I asked were my order was only to be told that the order had been lost.

3 minutes later two sundaes arrived at the table... No apology or any offer of compensation so I asked for a free round of drinks which was brought to us reluctantly.

It was such a shame the service spoilt it.. But putting that aside the ice cream and portion size is amazing but you do pay for it. Two sundaes £12.95..

I would go back again without hesitation but maybe going when it is less busy might be advantageous.

Overall I would recommend this place to anyone a lover of ice cream or sweet things! Lovely!

• Visited April 2013