“food OK, good service”
Review of The White Swan

The White Swan
Reserve with OpenTable
The White Swan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #196 of 898 Restaurants in Southampton
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The White swan is situated on the river Itchen which has fantastic views, we provide a vast amount of parking space and outside dining areas including a separate outside smoking area. we accommodate large parties of up to 60 people in our Titanic room, or for smaller groups up to 24 or less in our private dining rooms. We offer a 3 meat carvery along with a grill menu which include steaks, burgers and fish alongside home comforts! we take bookings all year round and we are dog friendly.
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have made several visits to the White Swan over the years. It is in a good location, overlooking the river Itchen. The refurbishment was fine, as was the service. I was a little disappointed with the carvery, meat was OK but the vegetables were bland and cold. The sweets were OK too, however they were quite uninspiring.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Sorry to say but since the refurbishment the standard of food has gone down. The homity pie was dry - and over cooked. The vegetables for the carvery looked dried up. Service was slow, and the sweets uninspired. I thought things would have improved from above average to excellent - but no. So disappointed, I should have stayed with the carvery.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We have been to White Swan over the years and have always been happy with it. Our last visit was no exception. It was recently refurbished again. It is situated by the River Itchen and unfortunately in the past has been flooded on a few occasions.
We usually have the carvery and we find it one of the best. It is a popular pub and the Diamond Club for over 50's offers excellent value. The staff are friendly and efficient.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We went here for a carvery, and whilst I have no specific complaint I found it to just be ok - no wow factor, saying that I probably would give them another chance as it was very busy and just felt a bit hectic when we visited.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

This was the first time we had been to this restaurant since it was refurbished and we loved it. The restaurant was bright and spotless. The waitresses were friendly and informative as indeed was the chef. Best of all was the food. The menu offered an excellent choice plus the carvery. When our food arrived it was well presented and very tasty. They offer a discount card for use Mon-Fri food only and I think it is for over 50's. But the value is so good we would have happily paid full price. My husband said it was the best meal he had ever had (so I am hanging up my apron!)

2  Thank Sandieseven