“Any one for cricket:-)”
Review of The Ageas Bowl

The Ageas Bowl
Ranked #71 of 130 things to do in Southampton
More attraction details
Owner description: The home of Hampshire Cricket, host to England Internationals and arena-scale concerts from the likes of Oasis, REM, and The Who. A new era has begun with a £48 million development including the opening of two new stands; which boast contemporary architecture and luxurious new conference and event facilities, making it one of the most exciting venues on the South Coast. With the imminent construction of a 4-star hotel to the Northern End of the venue, it will be the only Model Test match ground in the country as defined by the ECB. The Ageas Bowl is available to host business meetings and conferences all year round. Located on the outskirts of Southampton it benefits from exceptional links to the motorway networks and public transportation. So whatever your business or leisure requirements, we invite you to consider the fantastic opportunities at The Ageas Bowl, a relaxed atmosphere combined with spectacular architecture, professional service and a beautiful setting.
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Had a great afternoon watching the women's cricket team pull it back to win the ashes. It' a shame that the men's cricket team could not just pull it off after a bad start, just like the ladies team. Cannot wait for the next game at the ageas ground.As the atmosphere is very good

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"captive audience"
"christmas party"

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We attended the T20 cricket internationals (Eng. v Aus) and having read previous negative comments were a little apprehensive. Yes - getting in and out of the ground is not rapid, but how many sporting venues can 25,000 people exit at the same time without some congestion? We used Park and Ride A and were back at the car park just less than an hour after the finish. Some people would have been quicker and definitely some slower - don't hang about getting in the queue!

With regard to food there was a wide variety of "stands" and whilst I cannot possibly comment on all of them I would suggest it was better than average for that type of event. Bar prices were £4 a pint but if you compare that to 2012 Olympics or even standard London pub prices that isn't grossly over the top?

All the staff were friendly, the stewarding appropriate, security search efficient. We will go again.

1  Thank DCY56
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have been to the 'bowl' several times in recent weeks and after seeing some of the negative comments, I can in part understand some peoples concerns. Fortunately for me, I have been with my friend who is a member. He knows the best time to arrive and to leave, has local knowledge, so encounters no travel or parking problems. On my first visit, it was a T20 event, really busy and the queues for beer and food were extensive, but bearable. The staff were very friendly, however, you are not allowed to bring alcohol into the ground and even though the signs are clear, some people still do try to. Any bags etc that look like they may contain alcohol are searched at the entrance. My most recent visit was for a T40 game on a Sunday, when they had a carvery. My friend and I both had Roast Beef (super portions) with all the trimmings. It was a real feast and considering the quality, I don't think £9.95 was extortionate. A pint of beer - I like Ringwood Best Bitter, was £4 per pint, some may think that expensive, but members get a discount anyway. Parking here is extensive, but you have to be patient if you leave immediately after a game finishes, as the ground is right in the middle of a built up area, but I thought the marshalls did a great job of controlling the traffic. Re the atmosphere, the perimeter of the ground is still incomplete and building work is in progress with much to do, therefore the atmosphere can be a bit 'thin'. In conclusion, the Ageas Bowl is a good day out for cricket - not a cheap one, unless you bring a picnic and your own soft drinks, and once the building work has finished I think it will be a fist class venue for all to enjoy.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

OK so if you have a VAST wallet and enjoy cricket then go see your team at the Ageas ! I don't "do" cricket and I most certainly wouldn't pay out nearly a "ton" to go see a bunch of blokes running around after a ball !!! Sorry cricket fans ! I guess cricket is about as entertaining as watching paint dry but it is good to see England beat the Ozzies on home turf I guess ! Why you would actually go to the Ageas Bowl unless to watch a sporting event I can't say although I hear that you can hire out the Bowl for marriages although beats me why anyone would do anything that daft !