Antico Boutique Hotel
$100
$88
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7(Southampton)(Great Value!)
$75
Orbitz.com
$56
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Highfield House Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
$69
$56
Travelocity
$77
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Southampton City Centre Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
$75
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Recently stayed at the Antico Hotel in Southampton for 1 night. Really good value for the night, and very central to the city. The rooms are above the bar. The room was very clean, and very modern. We had no wardrobe, but wasn't a problem as only staying the night! The bed was kingsize, and very comfortable. We ate at the restaurant and the food was really good and very reasonable. The bar is open until 1 pm and do lovely martini's, highly recommend the espresso martini! The staff were all very friendly and couldn't do enough for us. I would recommend the hotel for a 1 night overnight stay. We stayed in a double room, and if it was more than one night I would go for a larger room, as it was quite tight on space. Good value, and would stay again if in Southampton.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Well where do we start on this one?

Perhaps the 2 flies in my orange juice at the 'continental'' breakfast? (I kid you not) Maybe the dirty bowls I was expected to eat cereal from? The stale, hard, cheap bread we were expected to eat? The dirty cutlery, the tired fruit, the cheap yogurts.....

I have never been to any hotel where I was left thinking that this was squalid, and I thought considering a cooked breakfast really wasn't worth the health risk. I left hungry and went elsewhere

Let's go back to the beginning. What appealed to me in booking this place was the 'Suite in a Boutique Hotel' description, plus the commitment to 'freshest ingredients' 'quality' 'pride' in their food. All this is right up my street

The reality? - A few bedrooms above a pub/bar, the suite was only a bed and bathroom, and the attempt at food I had was a disgrace.

This is not a 'Boutique' Hotel. My Room was not a 'Suite'

Wifi? Nope, neither of mine would connect, highly inconvenient

Judging by the way that complaints are dealt with by another reviewer on here (the manager becoming highly abusive and insulting) there would be little point in formally doing that, though all the issues with the food were raised with the waitress.

It makes me cold that places like this can exist today, it doesn't deliver anywhere near what it promises, and is an insult to people's intelligence. They might use clever pictures and clever words on their website to entice you in, but these will do - Just Don't Bother

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Nick S
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great location staff pleasant. Bonus free breakfast due to a noisy night of a staying guest. Didnt hear a thing but a nice gesture by the hotel manager. Lovely room, Titanic Suite and spa bath.
Would recommend for couples and friends,

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I took my girlfriend to Southampton for a shopping trip due to her graduating from university.
I checked in early and I was able to leave my baggage in the room whilst it was being cleaned.

We ate lunch at the restaurant and the food was fantastic. Dinner was also very good.
They had Peroni on draught which for me is the biggest selling point! Alfredo and his staff were very polite and helpful.

As I went to pay the bill, I was told that guests of the hotel had a discount on the food and drinks purchased. this was another bonus!

I hope to visit again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Titanic room. It was lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TerenceCarvalho
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here 25th June 2013 in room 3. Booked into another hotel via bookings .com but they had a problem with booking so moved me to Antico hotel. It was the only room available in the locality.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.
Bed was large and comfortable.
Bathroom was tiny and had to squeeze under sink to use toilet.
Window was ill fitting and resulted in a lot of road noise.
There was no wardrobe of chest of drawers in room, just a bar in an alcove.
I couldn't connect to WIFI with either phone or tablet as signal was poor.
TV signal was poor so couldn't watch anything. SIgnal lock on satellite was poor.
The bedroom door lock was hanging off which made it difficult to secure the door.
There was no room safe.
The bedroom door had a large gap at the bottom so voices/noises in the corridor were intrusive.
No A/C but a fan provided in room.
Had dinner in the hotel. The meat was so tough I had to send it back. I declined the offer of another portion and was still charged full price with no offer of a discount (I didn't ask for one).
I left without trying breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo