“Just a Pub”

Dining options: Reservations
Poole, United Kingdom
“Just a Pub”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but we are still chuckling.

We visited Royal Victoria Park and Netley Abbey on 10th April and looked for somewhere to eat nearby. We were pleasantly surprised to read the glowing reviews of such a restaurant as "The Cottage Inn".
The outward appearance on arrival was obviously the picture shown but that was carefully cropped, we found in actuality - a pub.
Never daunted (well we needed to eat) in we went.
Nice enough barmaid, a regular at the bar moaning about his 'benefits', and a fairly normal just about OK pub meal ordered.
Fine, it was appropriate for the price, but restaurant? No, I don't think so. Its just a pub.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank KeithPoole
teetopmetz1, Owner at The Cottage Inn, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
I seem to be in danger of repeating my replies. We are indeed a pub, we have never pretended to be anything else, I don't ask locals to write reviews and no one has pretended to be a restaurant. Our website states clearly we are a pub, in fact you can view our menu and prices on there. So you were disappointed with your visit, I was also disappointed with my first wife, however gave it a second go and quite enjoyed it. The local bemoaning his benefits (makes us sound like a rough pub or do you live in Sandbanks) was probably one of the lads from the 'special home' up the road, or just someone driving through and having a drink, I really can't stop people talking or moaning, that's what a pubs all about. Sorry the food was just OK, a little surprised, however are you saying this because you thought we were a restaurant. Anyhow, thanks for the review..

“a perfect sunday lunch”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Had family over who wanted to take us out for lunch , Only lived in the area for 18 months and hadn't eaten out much, Hopefully that will all change now after finding The Cottage, absolutely perfect Sunday lunch we all enjoyed it very very much, we will recommend it too anyone, lamb melt in your mouth,veg cooked to perfection and the roast spuds crispy on the outside , light and fluffy inside. We are planning to try as much as we can on the menu. very nice staff and great atmosphere.

• Visited May 2014
teetopmetz1, Owner at The Cottage Inn, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Sally, thanks for the review, always makes us smile when someone enjoys there visit here, see you again soon, Andy
“Great Pub, Great Staff”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Very welcoming pub, great atmosphere and even the locals are very friendly and welcoming. Haven't tried the food but do plan to do so in the future. Congrats to the owners for such a high rating it's well deserved.

teetopmetz1, Owner at The Cottage Inn, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
You know what we do with unfriendly locals, we make pies out of them. Good to hear you like the beer, and remember it's you guys that generate the great atmosphere, try the food next time, thanks Andy.
“First time visit”
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

A hidden gem! The pub grub here reminds me of my nan's cooking.. Fresh, home cooked food served quickly and also served by friendly staff. The portions are big and so tasty.. We were shocked at the low prices and didn't expect much for our money but it was delicious! My partner and I will definitely be returning and have already recommended to our friends and family.

1 Thank Georgia2903
teetopmetz1, Owner at The Cottage Inn, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
A great review, thank you. It's my wifes cooking that keeps us all comfy. Glad to hear your recommending us, thanks Andy
“Excellent food again”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Hi, took mum in law of Friday. We had ham egg and chips, beef and ale pie, hunters chicken, and apple crumble. It was really good homemade grub, only gripe is my wife's beef and ale pie was bigger than I had last time. Lol she obviously need fattening up. The pint of swordfish more than made up for that though. This pub is our number one choice, why pay £7.00 for a McDonald's or hungry horse when you can have home cooked food. Will return soon.

• Visited April 2014
teetopmetz1, Owner at The Cottage Inn, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thanks for the review, hopefully we can go large with your pie next pie, lol. Keep coming back, thanks Andy