“Pleasant but lacks intimacy”

Haskins Garden Centre
Ranked #269 of 902 Restaurants in Southampton
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Attractive place but the size of the restaurant lacks intimacy. There are little alcoves where it is more intimate, but in general we have felt it is more motorway services. Come people may like that but we prefer a cosier environment. We often go mid afternoon and by that time there is not a great deal left to choose from in the way of cakes. Clean and bright but in general an occational visit is enough.

1  Thank Mary U

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We go to Haskins often the staff are so friendly and helpful they have got to know us and make us feel like family. You can spend the whole day there , the restaurant is amazing , and the Xmas department is amazing too and free parking !

1  Thank 27Ellie
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Have visited Haskins on many occasions and always have a scone and coffee as it is very tasty and the best value. The meals always look nice but are far to expensive, can eat elsewhere and have it brought go me. Very poor choice of items to eat by early afternoon.

2  Thank Rachel H
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at about 2.30 but very limited choice left. Plenty of cakes but few main meals left. Some hot meals but limited sandwiches.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Myself, my husband and my 20 month old son called into the Haskins Restaurant (West End) on 27th July for breakfast before going on a day trip out.

The experience was very disappointing, the first issue we had was the state of the sausages - they were very pink and looked undercooked, something I do not like, especially when offering it to my son. When I asked the staff member if they could be cooked a little more, she just replied with a flat 'No' which I think was rude and not very good customer service, with no offer of an alternative or solution. Therefore myself and my son could and would not purchase the sausages, which meant my son was only to have a slice of toast for his breakfast and I had to order an omelette.

The omelette I ordered was to be cooked well done. I am no professional chef, but I know an omelette does not take 25 minutes to cook. As you can imagine my husband and son had eaten their breakfast by the time mine arrived at the table and I was left to eat alone.

What should have been a nice family treat turned out to be a waste of time and money due to poor customer service and rude staff and we paid just under £15 for the privilege!!

2  Thank Davina H