“Great little visit”
Review of The Gordon Arms

The Gordon Arms
Ranked #155 of 859 Restaurants in Southampton
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A friendly local pub aimed at both students and locals with an extensive hot dog and burger menu, breakfasts, salads, a student menu and new roast menu. We cater for a range of dietary options too with gluten free, vegan and vegetarian options. We offer a weekly quiz night every Sunday, the introduction of our monthly open mic and themed nights such as Chilli Tuesdays giving you a Chipotle Chilli and rice for just £5! An ideal venue if you fancy chilling in our heated, partly covered beer garden, making use of our Free WIFI on our comfy sofas or taking advantage of our selection of draught lagers and ciders, our well kept real ales which are always changing, the new wine menu catering for most palates or an ever growing spirit collection if you fancy something a bit stronger.
Hayling Island, United Kingdom
“Great little visit”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Having seen this pub advertised on my Vegan websites I thought I'd give it a try so popped in on the way back from Bournemouth. I had the Vegan burger with peppers, onions and jalapeños and my husband had a cheese and bacon burger. Both meals were really tasty and served with big tasty wedges. It was a struggle to finish. Really worth the money and the visit. Nice pub with friendly staff and tasty food for meat eaters and vegans alike.

• Visited June 2014

Southampton, United Kingdom
“A Proper Pub!”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I'll often pop to The Gordon Arms for a couple of beers before heading to a local Indian Restaurant up past the bingo hall. It's nice to have a decent 'proper' pub that usually has a good selection of ales and friendly staff. In fact I'll go past a couple of other pubs to come here!

I've not tried the food but the menu does look really good with a varied selection at reasonable prices & I've heard customers commenting to each other that the food is really good.

I've also met friends here for a boozy evening and the atmosphere is always good - busy without being cramped. The guys that run it are always pleasant and that comes across from the staff too. If anyone asks me whether I know any decent places to go for a drink in the Portswood area I will normally mention the Gordon. Cheers guys.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jason K
Lilliput
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always a great meal whatever I choose”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

It will be a sad day when these two aren't there anymore. Food always great, friendly staff and a really good range of beers and wine

Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent burgers”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

this place does really good burgers and hot dogs but not much more choice so be prepared for not much choice. Atmosphere very good, staff friendly and helpful

Xanthi, Greece
“tasty burger”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

gordon arms is a very beautiful place, the whole areas were clean and the staff really polity. the best part for me was the burgers. very tasty burgers