“Great friendly pub!”

The Gordon Arms
Ranked #135 of 846 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Indian, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television
Description: A friendly local pub aimed at both students and locals with an extensive hot dog and burger menu, breakfasts, salads, a student menu and new roast menu. We cater for a range of dietary options too with gluten free, vegan and vegetarian options. We offer a weekly quiz night every Sunday, the introduction of our monthly open mic and themed nights such as Chilli Tuesdays giving you a Chipotle Chilli and rice for just £5! An ideal venue if you fancy chilling in our heated, partly covered beer garden, making use of our Free WIFI on our comfy sofas or taking advantage of our selection of draught lagers and ciders, our well kept real ales which are always changing, the new wine menu catering for most palates or an ever growing spirit collection if you fancy something a bit stronger.
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great friendly pub!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Lovely pub, lovely beer, great atmosphere, friendly staff, good food- what more do you need?! We have been here several times and have always enjoyed it. We've been as a couple and with groups of friends and have always found it nice and quick service too. The door to the loo was confusing my first time there...

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank BRUCIE_lucy_Brian
Hi BRUCIE_lucy_Brian

Many thanks for your review of the Gordon Arms, it's really nice to read reviews from people who have been several times. I must say, the toilet door gets everyone first time. If I had a pound for every time I've been asked were it is.....hehe. Hopefully see you soon

Victoria, Canada
“Excellent Pub Grub - a step above the norm at very reasonable prices”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Choose to visit the Gordon Arms on the strength of the reviews on this site and we were not disappointed. It's a typical local pub but the food was better than you typically get in local pubs. We both chose burgers and they were obviously homemade and very tasty. Service was friendly, fast and efficient even though it was a Friday night and fairly busy. The food was reasonably priced and we noticed that various deals were available as well; without doubt with the quality of the food served here means it is an excellent value for money choice. We'll be going back to try some of the other menu choices.

• Visited October 2012
Hi margaretavalon

I'm really pleased you came in for a visit on the strength of the pervious reviews on here & I'm really pleased you enjoyed the food. Hopefully you'll be back in soon to try some of our other homemade dishes

glos
“Friendly and welcoming”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We visited the Gordon Arms for a quick drink, we did not eat there but looking at the menu and seeing what other people had ordered made us wish we had more time to sample the delights! The prices are very reasonable too with special offers on which makes it a good deal for two people dining. We found the staff to be very warm and friendly and made us extremely welcome seeing as we are not from the area.
We will defitenly visit again and next time for a delicous meal and a cheeky pudding!!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank hurstyv
Hi hurstyv

It's great to read reviews from people who aren't from the area, just a shame you didn't have time to sample our food on this visit....or try a cheeky pudding! Hopefully when you're around again you'll pop in. Many thanks

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great all round pub”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have been to The Gordon Arms a few times over the last couple of years and it really is a top all round venue. Good selection of Ale, Lager and Ciders, the food seems to somehow get better each time I've been in and the menu always evolves. My mate wouldn't stop raving about his buger but it was the Fish and Chips that did the trick for me! There was a mixed and friendly crowd and I will definately be going back; I wish I lived closer!

• Visited October 2012
Hi Henry P

Thanks for the great review! It's very pleasing to read about how we do & how we seem to improve on things every time. Look forward to seeing you here again soon!

Roy the owner
“Always drop in when in Southampton!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Having lived in Portswood for three years as a student I regularly dropped in to see Roy and his team for a beer and something to eat. Great little pub and Roy is a great guy. Having left uni several years ago any time my fiancé and I are in town we always drop by and Roy treats us as if we never left. Each time we go back the food gets better and better. I look forward to a beer there soon!