“Its great”
Review of The Food Factory - CLOSED

The Food Factory
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Food Factory is Southampton's first multi-cuisine all-you-can-eat buffet restaurant. Choose from a variety of Indian, Chinese, Thai, Mexican and Italian dishes. With over 180 seats we are the ideal venue for group outings and celebrations. Our highly qualified Chefs cook many dishes in front of our customers in our "live theatre" kitchen. Whatever the occasion we will make your visit special. Our new bar area offers a wide variety of World Beers, Cocktails, Wine and soft drinks. We also serve lighter bites from our bar menu. We have just launched an all-you-can-eat breakfast menu from 8am.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Far better quality that any other buffet an I should know, im The Buffet Gobbler. food was all fresh and tasty. I'm one happy gobbler.

There are newer reviews for The Food Factory

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I went for my son's works dinner and we had a good social time but the hour or so spent in Weatherspoon's pub before hand was much better value. It is self serve and all you can eat so service is not a strong point. Food is average - not good but not bad either. I thought price was a bit steep for service/food quality. Reminded me of a factory canteen!

1  Thank Philip D
Reviewed December 19, 2012

If you like to stuff your face with a large amount of below average quality food, then this may be OK for you.
At £10.99 (price goes up £1 near Xmas) per adult, I struggled to get any where near my money's worth here - mainly because I like good quality food, and I only wanted to pick out the (few and far between) meals that looked anywhere near OK. My kids are less fussy, and thoroughly enjoyed stuffing their face with as much pizza and bland curry as they could - for half the price of an adult (but only if they're under 10).
I didn't like the idea of having to pay half the price as a deposit when booking, and being told that it was non-refundable and non-transferrable.
I wouldn't bother going again, unless I just take my kids and watch them eat for £5.50 each, and not actually have anything myself!!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Ok - well I read some reviews before we decided to try, and to be honest I went with low expectations! The reviews had been very mixed , so we decided to try it on a busy Sunday afternoon at lunch time ! I booked a table the day b4 online , and I got an email back confirming our booking. When we arrived , we were greeted by staff, taken to our table , and asked if we had been before , as we hadn't , our waiter took us through how it worked , very thoroughly and explained someone would be over to take our drink order shortly. And shortly it was ! The staff I found were very efficient , always checking to see if the food was ok , taking our plates away when empty and they were helpful when it came to my 14 month son throwing food all over the floor!!
Now the food - if u r wanting a 5* meal - go somewhere with 5* prices ! It's a buffet so it's roughly the same u get with all buffets !! I myself , enjoyed the food ! Although there could be more choices with the food - what was there was actually really nice !!! Couldn't fault it one bit ! I thought it was reasonably priced - £10.99 , kids under 3 eat for free :-) for 4 adults - with a few alcoholic drinks we paid £65 , I thought that was good !! If ur booking for Xmas , of course it will be more busy and u can expect the same level of service you would get in any restaurant that time of year ! I loved the orange and black theme -was nice to see something different ! The tables weren't too close together either - I been to some places like this where u r practically sat on the next tables lap !! The only thing I felt could be improved was the uniform ! I felt I was being served by prisoners in their orange dungarees ! Maybe a rethink there guys ?! Black bottoms with an orange shirt would look better and a tad more professional ! We certainly go back and recommend !!

1  Thank micki81
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We booked the food factory for a christmas night out at £20 a head for 24 people, we paid a dep last month of £360, 12 people paid in full and 12 paid £10 dep.On arrival we were shown our table which was nicely decorated in christmas crackers and party poppers, we were shown where the food was and to help ourselves when we are ready. Food was average nothing exceptional, felt like I was in a B&Q canteen with staff in there bright orange dungaree.
The staff kept there distance, nobody came over to ask if everything was ok, we had one complaint when someone nearly chipped there tooth on a bit of grizzle, but was ignored and not resolved. 7 people never turned up and asked if they could put the £70 towards our food they said no, so we lost that.Food to expensive for what it was and no atmosphere. I wouldn't come here again and certainly would not recommend it.

1  Thank maria k