“Not too bad”

Sanjha Punjabi Restaurant & Caterings
Ranked #88 of 898 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sanjha is an authentic punjabi restaurant displaying true heritage and culture of northern frontier of India.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Visited here in January and it was ok. The lady showing us to our seat seemed to be the owner or his daughter or wife or something but she was so miserable and unfriendly it was uncomfortable. We asked if she could turn the air con down as it was when it had been snowing in January and we were freezing cold, but the lady seemed not be very happy to do so. Almost felt like we were inconveniencing her. The music was off for ages and there was no atmospshere we could hear everyones conversations around and that was awkward. Having said all of the above the food it absolutely outstanding!

1  Thank miranda r

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Excellent Service. Above Average Food..Value for money..One of the better Indian restaurants..Traditional Indian chaat is surely a USP..

Reviewed March 24, 2013

After being bought up on home cooked,flavoursome, fresh curry all my life I have never been fond of shop bought or restaurant curry. Always at best mediocre it's usually unexciting (I detest the British love of boring "safe" korma),and to sweet or salty and mainly over priced.
I would always rather enjoy my dads curry or cook my own with his help and my broad stash of cookery books. That was however until I visited this gem of a curry house. Although it is more than that. It is a friendly, cultural hub of good food,with a good atmosphere to go with it. The restaurant which has been open for around a year due to the takeaway being so popular and expanding is clean, well furnished and has a happy and warming atmosphere to it. Little touches such as the musical instruments hung on the walls and traditional glasses and cutlery make this restaurant a interesting place to eat in and enjoy with friends and family alike.
I try to go once a month as a pay day treat,and always enjoy a good meal. Usually opting for the onion bhaaji's for starter which are crisp to perfection and served with salad and a lovely dip. For main I order the brown onion rice,a naan or chapati and some sort of lamb dish. The lamb with three types of coriander is out of this world,and the lamb with dark rum is to die for too.
Drinks are fairly vast to with bottled beers,cocktails,mocktails,spirits,wine and softies.
The staff are friendly,well presented and knowledgeable. The manager is also usually present and has a openly approachable persona to him.
Overall the whole experience of Sanjha is a happy and enjoyable one,which won't brake your bank balance either. And if your a student or member of the "Jackson Day Card" student scheme for Southampton you can get 10% with every order.
Seriously take my advice and visit this dream of a restaurant. Other curry houses up and down Shirley high street don't even touch it.
I for one have never been let down and Im sure you won't either...!?!
:-) Emma

Reviewed March 24, 2013

After being bought up on home cooked,flavoursome, fresh curry all my life I have never been fond of shop bought or restaurant curry. Always at best mediocre it's usually unexciting (I detest the british love of boring "safe" korma),and to sweet or salty and mainly over priced.
I try to go once a month as a pay day treat,and always enjoy a good meal. Usually opting for the onion bhaaji's for starter which are crisp to perfection and served with salad and a lovely dip. For main I order the brown onion rice,a naan or chapati and some sort of lamb dish. The lamb with 3types of coriander is out of this world,and the lamb with dark rum is to die for too.
The staff are friendly,well presented and knowledgable. The manager is also usually present and has a openly approachable persona to him.
Overall the whole experience of Sanjah is a happy and enjoyable one,which won't brake your bank balance either. And if your a student or member of the "Jackson Day Card" student scheme for Southampton you can get 10% with every order.
I for one have never been let down and Im sure you won't either...!?!
Emma

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The food is authentic!(unlike a lot of UK restaurants which serve tweaked recipes). You can smell the fragnance in the food and has a good flavour. Service is prompt and very friendly staff. They even were ok to us customising our food to our likes. A chat with the owner Amar and you'd realize that he is a foodie himself and knows the delicacies from the length and breadth of india - thats passion!. Living in Southampton, me and my mates have tried most of the restaurants and easily rate this restaurant the best. Hands down! Must try!